The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+2
TheCryptKeeper
Cephalo the Pod
6 posters

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14

Chele
    Chele
    A New Beggening'er

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14

Post by Chele Wed 02 Apr 2014, 7:57 pm

WTH?
    Have you not eaten for an entire week???????
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Get ready for a new page tomorrow.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:13 pm

Sorry for the long wait. Here's from March 24:

Entry 157: Thermodynamic Theatrics
    7:30-Breakfast was Frosted Flakes.
    8:30-Calculus.
    9:30-Fluids.
    11:20-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.
    11:30-Organic2.
    12:30-Thermo2.
    1:30-Odds.

So apparently the class in general didn't do so hot on the Thermo2 midterm. Like, below-passing bad. Bad enough that he upped our marks by keeping only the three (out of five) best-scored questions on each student's midterm. Even after that, he's offering everyone a chance to write a (optional) midterm. Whichever mark is highest is kept.

Here's the thing though: I did really well. I got a 63/100, but I didn't answer one question at all (out of time). This meant that when my new mark was calculated using my best three scores, it jumped dramatically to 53/60. An 88. And this, after I said how insane Thermo2 was in terms of subject material.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty None of that artificial stuff.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:36 pm

March 25:

Entry 158: Organic Frustrations
    8:30-Organic2 tutorial test.
    10:30-CPUMath
    11:20-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.
    11:30-Organic2. Funny thing; we're on aromatic compounds, and we kept suggesting these weird scenarios to the professor, like whether a fully conjugated compound could ever be non-planar. It got so bad that the professor exasperatedly told us to stop, because the shit we were coming up with would ever pop up in real life or even a quiz.

12:30-Fluids tutorial.
    2:30-Organic2 lab #4. This one, we're being graded not by a lab report but by our immediate performance. So of course this would be the lab where we'd spill all of our product. We ended up with a percent yield of 3.7%. Go us.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty That's the overarching plot for this week. Stay tuned.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:37 pm

March 26:

Entry 159: What to Do
    9:30-CPUMath quiz.
    11:00-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.

Should I write that second Thermo2 midterm anyway?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Entry 160.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:42 am

March 27:

Entry 160: The End of Fencing
    8:30-CPUMath
    10:30-Thermo2.
    11:30-Odds tutorial.
    Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.

Tonight was the final fencing meeting of the year, a tournament consisting of both sabre and epee brackets. It, as I have decided, will also be my final fencing meeting ever. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't written much about fencing this year. I don't have time for all of the meetings. I could go to only a fraction of them, but the cost is too much for me to go only sometimes.

I'm happy with the time I had fencing, but I have other clubs now.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty It's a big day tomorrow.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:02 am

March 28:

Entry 161: Thermo2 Midterm (Again)
    8:30-Calculus

Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.

So I decided to take the Thermo2 midterm. I've got nothing to lose, and it was a great chance to study. It was on different chapters than the last midterm, stuff we won't be covering in the few sparse quizzes we have.

So yesterday my job day with Canadian Property Stars got cancelled due to bad (snowy) weather. Today I realized "Hey! I can go to clubs tomorrow!"
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:07 am

March 29

Entry 162: Collective Club Conclusion
    Breakfast was Frosted Flakes.

12:00-Stopped by WARP's final meeting for a tiny bit. Not much happened; they prepared for a day of mini-campaigns, whereas I had other plans.

1:00-EGA Melee tournament. It was a good time...for about an hour and a half. I got eliminated pretty quickly. The worst part is that the guy who eliminated me was right at my skill level. I totally could have beaten him.
    I stuck around for a little bit longer. There was nachos from the Spoke.

5:00-The mini-campaigns were wrapping up. Executive members for next year were elected, and then we all headed to the Spoke for dinner. There was a lot of us, so it was a great time. I got chicken fingers and fries. I also ordered beer from the bar. Man, beer totally tastes better from a glass.

So WARP ended up being more fulfilling than EGA. Ga figger.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I wonder what my net calorie change is from all of that walking and eating.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:15 am

March 30.

Entry 163: Wasteful Walk

Went to Masonville Mall for new head phones. It was closed by the time I got there. I didn't even have music to listen to while walking there because I had no head phones.

I decided to go out for dinner at the nearby Burgers and Fries. It's a fine establishment. The patties are meek, but the cheese is plentiful and splendid. Also their fries rock.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I've got my time, I've got my orange crush.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:26 am

March 31

Entry 164: What's the Solution?

11:30-Organic2. We had another somber lecture about the history of harmful chemicals. We learned of Agent Orange from the Vietnam War, and of an insecticide that is great at killing malaria-carrying mosquitoes but also at hurting us in the process. He basically left the question in the air: at what point do we draw the line? Oh and the professor briefly mentioned that he was from Peru.

12:30-Thermo2. Got our "second" midterm back. Which is impressive, seeing as it's only been three days and the last midterm took for-fucking-ever to come back.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty No joke.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:34 am

April 1

Entry 165: The Worst Lab Ever
    8:30-Thermo2 quiz.
    10:30-CPUMath.
    12:30-Fluids tutorial.

2:30-Part 2 of Organic2 lab #4 was graded just like last time; based on immediate work rather than a report. And I say, with no exaggeration whatsoever, that this was the absolute worst lab ever. First off, I was taken away from my awesome group because for some reason, the TAs decided to split us up into smaller groups. I volunteered to be the one to leave. This sucks; I seriously loved my group this semester.

It didn't help that my new group and I totally botched our experiment (everyone was having extraordinary difficulty's producing genuine product, though). And the whole thing took four and a half hours. Four and a half hours. THE LAB'S ONLY SCHEDULED FOR THREE HOURS, AND IT NORMALLY ONLY TAKES TWO.

For real, fuck that lab.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:39 am

April 2

Entry 166: Cooldown
    9:30-CPUMath quiz.
    11:00-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.

Nothing much to say here. No crazy labs. No grand finale for a club. Just doing a day.
    I'm pretty sure I'm eating cheeseburgers for dinner at this point.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Or am I just at the end of the curve?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:47 am

April 3

Entry 167: Statistically Speaking
    8:30-CPUMath.
    10:30-Thermo2. The final unit of this uber hard course is chemical equilibrium. I know it's gonna get super hard later, but right now I'm just glad we're starting with something familiar.
    11:30-Odds Test #4, the last. Again, not much to lose, since the test portion of the Odds grade uses my three best test scores, and I've already gotten mid-70s in my first three.

It's weird. From the chatter I overhear, Odds seems to be a relatively despised course, up there with Thermo2. But I'm loving it. I enjoy the material and I do well on the tests. Does that make me an outlier?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I donated blood at the church across from my house tonight. This was donation #12.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty BOOK PUNS!

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:54 am

April 4

Entry 168: CWC's Epilogue
    11:45-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.
    4:30-Eclipse Phase was cancelled this week, so I made it for the CWC's final meeting. We basically just read the club's first issue of its magazine, Nom de Plume. Several submitters read their work to the rest of us. And that's it, CWC is done for the year. All I'm doing now is waiting to see if I'll make it into the executive.

But before that, I'm off to work!
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I had two Caramilks, at least.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:10 am

April 5

Entry 169: It's My First Day
    So today started off with being picked up by a shuttle to meet up with everyone at Canadian Property Stars' central hub. And guess who got picked up with me? Aaron! One of me engineering floormates from last year. We're in Chemical together this year. So seeing him here was cool.

The day started off promising. We were given training on both making sales and actual lawn aeration. Nearly all of us were on our first day. I had high hopes for today. Guess how it turned out. It turned out cold. Cold in the morning, anyway (Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with milk.).

I was dropped off on my route, all alone, free to do my work as I please. I started by aerating the two lawns that were given to me pre-booked. They're basically free sales. Which is fantastic, since I didn't get any actual sales. Just those two pre-booked lawns. About 75% of people weren't home for me to make a sale. The rest were generally split between already renting a service, having lawns to messy to currently aerate, and not giving two cold shits about aeration. Not surprising. Not helping.

You want to know the worst part? Not the hard labour. Not the dread of wasting a day hopelessly selling a product that the people clearly don't want. It was not having a bathroom for twelve hours. I hear that some of us went into customers' homes to use their bathrooms. Okay, I'm at a loss here, are they weird or am I weird?

And then, when we got picked up, we stated our results. And the sheer optimism carried by the group is kinda scary. Like, legitimately unnerving. Okay, so it was our first day, so getting anything was a step up. I got literally now sales. If it weren't for those two pre-booked lawns handed to me like a money loan from a friend, I would have produced nothing today. And yet eveyone clapped all the same, just like with everyone else. Damnit, people, I am not an emotionally disturbed five-year old. Not everything has to be clap-worthy.

Whatever, I'm going home. Right to bed. Too tired for dinner.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Thanks, Mom.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:12 am

Entry 170: Everything Hurts.
    My arms. My back. My legs. My palms. My fucking palms are sore.

Dinner was pasta night.

The bath helped a little.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Shit, I got behind again.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:37 pm

From April 7

Entry 171: Back to Normal
    7:30-Breakfast was CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH
    11:20-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.
    Dinner was a cheeseburger with white-cheddar macaroni.

Feeling much better. Mainly my palms are.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I have a break between exams that lasts half of the exam period.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm

April 8

Entry 172: The End of Year 2
    7:30-Breakfast was CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH
    8:30-Thermo2 tutorial.
    10:30-CPUMath.
    11:20-Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.
    11:30-Organic2. Since this was the last class, the professor wanted a picture with everyone. The photographer was at the back of the class the whole time, I didn't even notice.
    12:30-Fluids tutorial. And with that, my classes are done. All that's left is a 22-day exam period. My last exam is literally at the last minute.

Dinner was pasta night.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I hope I do well in Calculus.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:47 pm

April 9

Entry 173: Exam Period
    Breakfast was CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH
    Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.

So I've kinda got two sub-periods for finals. The first starts Saturday, with two exams (Calculus and Organic2). Then I have eleven days with no exams. Starting April 24, I have one week with four exams spaced closely together. Good news for me, Thermo2 happens after this break. Yay.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Backs to the wall.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:31 pm

April 10

Entry 174: Back to the Mall
    Lunch was a peanut-butter and JAM sandwich, cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.

Went to the mall to return some pants I bought because I thought I needed specifically black pants for my job with Canadian Property Stars. But I didn't; in fact, there's no uniform whatsoever. What the hell, Cephalo-from-Entry-121?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty The wrap-up.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:03 pm

April 11.

Entry 175: Acceptance
    Lunch was a peanut-butter and something sandwich (was it jam or chocolate peanut butter?), cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.
    Dinner was pasta night.

So I was studying for the big Calculus final when I got an e-mail from CWC. They accepted my application for the position of Vice President of Finance! I'm a club executive next year!

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 01 May 2014, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Apply THIS.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:05 pm

April 12

Entry 176: Calculus Exam
    Lunch was a peanut-butter and something sandwich (was it jam or chocolate peanut butter?), cheddar cheese, Ritz, and an apple with orange juice.
    Dinner was pasta night.

Oh shit, it's Calculus. Everyone was dreading this. This has recently eclipsed Thermo2 as the hardest course ever. And this exam was no exception. I got some good answers down, but there was a lot of hard stuff there.

Welcome to the final exams of Grade 14.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 01 May 2014, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty But it's JUST for today.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:07 pm

April 13

Entry 177: Organic2 Exam
    Dinner was pasta night.

This, I was looking forward to. Organic2 is perhaps my favourite course. It's interesting, and I do great in it. I felt fantastic coming out of it, just like usual.

It's so hot out today. I was in shorts. And it hit me today that this is the first time in a long time that I've written a final exam in shorts. Because, y'know, April.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty I don't actually have much to talk about this specific day.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:10 pm

April 14

Entry 178: The Eleven Day Break
    Dinner was pasta night.

So with two exams done, I have eleven days until my third exam, and then much smaller breaks between the rest. Good news is I have plenty to do.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty Taxonomy? Nope, not Chuck Testa.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:16 pm

April 15

Entry 179: A Taxing Experience
    Dinner was pasta night.

This afternoon I went to the Spoke on campus to meet up with this year's CWC president and the rest of the new exec to briefly discuss our responsibilities for the next year. It sounds pretty standard: cheque requests, budgeting, etc. Turns out we each get a copy of the club's journal, Nom de Plume. Sweet.

Caley stopped by to help me do taxes. It was pretty easy, given that I have exactly two sources of yearly income.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Grade 14 - Page 10 Empty The Gang's gonna check the forum to see a shitload of new posts and they'll be all whaaaaa.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 01 May 2014, 10:18 pm

April 16

Entry 180: Resume Rampage Pt. I
    Dinner was pasta night.

To the mall! I printed off 100 copies of my resume and just went everywhere in Masonville. Every store, well, except, like, three lingerie stores. Because no.

Didn't make it to everywhere before the mall closed. I'll be back tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:16 am