The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

3 posters

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year)

Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year)

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 23 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm

I, uh...I fucked up.

So back in September 2014, I was living on Regent St. and entering my third year of Chemical Engineering. Back at the end of 2nd Year, I selected which specific kind of Chem. Eng. with which I wanted to continue: General Chemical (hence the subtitle).

At the end of the year, not only had I failed to even start a journal, I had failed three courses and ended up with an insufficient average to even move on to 4th Year. The 2014-2015 was basically a barren year where nothing worthwhile happened to me. I couldn't even make an effort to contribute to the new Piano Club I had joined.

The past year went remarkably better. My average is now back up in the 70s. I joined a new new club (Trivia Club) that's a lot of fun. And I'm living in a gorgeous house which I don't have to leave whenever roommates move out.

Still didn't make a journal. So, I mean, if you guys have any questions about the past two years, I, uh...I can answer them here.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year)

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 23 Jun 2016, 9:42 pm

wow the subtitle is so nice. can i use it in a song?

edit: also damn trivia club sounds tight
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year)

Post by Vyzor Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:59 am

Hey, that's good to hear your marks are back up. I didn't realize you failed 3 courses though Sad

Have you gone to the trivia club yet?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Oh, a question!

Post by Cephalo the Pod Fri 24 Jun 2016, 2:09 am

Vyzor wrote:Hey, that's good to hear your marks are back up. I didn't realize you failed 3 courses though Sad

Have you gone to the trivia club yet?
    I joined Trivia Club this past year. It was great. Kinda small group in the end, but it's just plain fun talking about random shit with them.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:44 pm

hey ty was there a girl in ur trivia club named Velda?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Pfft, two-week delay.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:12 am

lostboi_626 wrote:hey ty was there a girl in ur trivia club named Velda?
    I don't recall.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty Not about (either) 3rd year.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:17 am

So for 4th year, I get to pick four technical electives (technically, two of those electives were filled in with a full-year research course that I was free to replace). I had seven options to go with, and ultimately selected:

Pharmaceutical Processes (1st semester).
    Catalytic Processes (1st semester).
    Computer Process Controls (2nd semester).
    Nanobiotechnology (2nd semester).

This year is gonna be tight.
    I also get one non-technical elective. I should get to picking that.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 10 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

those all sound really up my ally. aka they all sound interesting.

i'm sure the curriculum will try to dull the topics with pages upon pages of technical grinding, however
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

Sounds just like school to me! ^^ Technical grinding that can make any subject feel dull
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 10 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm

man grinding is the bane of man. i wish i could turn off my soul and grind math/programming/piano/chinese/writing/school for like 2 months straight without doing anything else.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty I mean, what?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:15 pm

lostboi_626 wrote:those all sound really up my ally. aka they all sound interesting.

i'm sure the curriculum will try to dull the topics with pages upon pages of technical grinding, however
    Not sure what you mean by "technical grinding". Or by "pages and pages" of it.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Generally Speaking (About 3rd Year) Empty AAA-frica! Shit, does anybody even remember Dr. Rabbit?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:32 pm

Closer to settling that course conflict. ALSO! Finally decided on my non-technical elective! I think.

Geography of Africa Below the Sahara. I knew I wanted to do something in History or Geography (or Economics, but a lot of the classes were already full). It was mainly between Africa (the only good-looking Geography course available to me) and Roman Cities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:13 pm