The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
The Pod Plays - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+2
TheCryptKeeper
Cephalo the Pod
6 posters

The Pod Plays

Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty She sleeps naked. In the open sewers.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:52 am

From yesterday.

Gravity Rush: Entry 6 - Oh it's over
    Spoiler:
    About time:

Gravity Rush: COMPLETE!!!

You know what this game could have really used? A backwards button. Like, a button, probably on the D-pad, that pushes you backwards a bit. It would make movement a lot less frustrating.

This game was a lot more combat-based than I thought it'd be. Then again, I can always repeat the racing side-missions. Those were fun.

The plot really loves to keep its secrets. If there isn't a sequel I'm going to hurt somebody. Probably you, Antoine.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Re: The Pod Plays

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:06 am

mogo lets get some saint melee hype goin
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty This is a journal.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:48 am

Kason Birdman wrote:mogo lets get some saint melee hype goin
    Why is this in my journal thread?
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

cause this is the only place you (or anyone) posts
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Batman.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 20 Jan 2014, 12:37 pm

From Thursday.

Arkham Asylum: Entry 1 - Committed
    The game begins with Batman, having caught Joker, driving to Arkham Asylum. Joker goes in, and then all hell breaks loose. Turns out Joker's been planning a coup for the asylum for some time now. Now Batman must enter the asylum and apprehend Joker's legion of loonies.

So this game is pretty cool. The bulk of the action is fighting generic mooks, but combat is fun. I can change direction at any instance, which is helpful when I'm surrounded (which happens a lot). It helps make me feel like I'm not just mashing the square button. When the guys have guns, I can grapple on to high-up statues and zig-zag until I lose them. Which is good, because Batman really sucks against guns.

There's a bunch of classic Batman villains I've met so far. There's Scarecrow, who drugged me into a crazy hide&seek minigame. There's Bane, who was a really fun bull-rush fight. And there's Zsaaz. I don't know Zsaaz.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Lost the second mini-game too many times.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

From Friday.

Arkham Asylum: Entry 2 - This Game Needs Less Detectivity
    So now I'm looking for a biochemist whom the Joker might be using for some sort of super-serum related to Bane's venom.

There's something that bugs me. So there's this detective mode you can toggle on and off. It shows enemies as bright skeletons, and highlights clues. The thing is, you're always looking for clues on how to progress (when you're not fighting mooks), so Detective Mode is on for pretty much the whole game. Which sucks, because instead of these beautiful landscapes, everything looks like a computer screen.

Had another Scarecrow mini-game. Which genuinely freaked me out; I'd only heard of the first one, so I was legitimately surprised when it happened.

Zsaaz kidnapped a bitch. Man, fuck Zsaaz.
    Italyins
    Italyins
    Small Time Chawmpy Hunter

Post by Italyins Mon 27 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Zsaaz is quite the fuck
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Mon 27 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

you also made a good point about the detective mode thing. It felt as if the skeleton view and the detective mode should have been two different views. The game just becomes Batman vs the deadites
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty BZZZ BZZZ.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:00 pm

Arkham Asylum: Entry 3 - The Floor is Made of BZZZZZ
    So Batman entered the Arkham Botanical Gardens to rescue Warden Sharp. Apparently Joker's working on the Titan chemical there. Along the way, Batman apprehended Harley Quinn and had a little talk with Poison Ivy. The second one didn't go so well; Ivy is now working with the Joker, her plants infused with Titan. And Joker's started injecting Titan into his mooks. The fights with them are just like with Bane.

So this game is getting legitimately hard. Guys with guns are the worst, not because of anything unfair, but because you simply can't take them head-on anymore. The "boss fight" with Harley (didn't fight Harley herself, just a bunch of mooks, but the scene was set up as an end to the struggle with her) took place on a series of floors that routinely flowed with electricity. That was fun.

On my way to find Joker and the Titan chemical, I go into this...big room. But before I go in, I can see dozens of skeletons with my Detectivision, and their screams can be heard a few rooms away. And they're just screaming. As I venture further, the crazies in each room get quieter and quieter. Just when I'm turning back after finding the Warden, Joker let's them out. And I'm thinking, "Fuck". Turns out that crazies are weaksauce; they go down with one punch. Doesn't keep them from being the scariest thing in this game yet.

Good news is, I've got two new items. One's this device that uses frequencies to break electronics through mini-games that utilize the control sticks. The other's basically a zipline. I can travel immense distances (purely horizontally). Guess how I got it. Go on., guess. I got it from my JET. Yeah, I have a fuckin' JET on the island. Why haven't I been using it this whole time?!

Got an audio file of Zsasz. Zsasz can go fuck right off.
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Wed 29 Jan 2014, 7:36 pm

To be fair towards ZsasZ, he is an actual psychopath. unlike most of the people in the asylum (not counting the generic thugs or Bane cause they where brought over from black gate prison) cause there just dicks or 4chaners with a real bad case of ASS Burgers.

also im fully aware that is not the way to spell that.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 29 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm

man tyler i didnt realize you were playing this game, I loved it. Learned so much sick batman lore
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:39 pm

Lol, I fucking hated the crazies. As soon as I heard them screaming in that one sector, it was quite disturbing. I loved beating the shit out of them though. Annoying gollum bastards.

I have to say though, I thought the guys with guns weren't the worse enemies. Anybody with a damn stun stick was the worst. Got annoying having to swipe them with my cape.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Crazy talk.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:30 am

Vyzor wrote:Lol, I fucking hated the crazies. As soon as I heard them screaming in that one sector, it was quite disturbing. I loved beating the shit out of them though. Annoying gollum bastards.
    I was disappointed with them. I was anticipating this massive brawl against, like, fifty crazies. That would have been amazing.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Super Mario 3D World.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:10 pm

So, last weekend, I played on Bryse's WiiU. The game was Super Mario 3D World. Didn't play the multiplayer. Managed to complete three worlds before leaving.

From what I played, it was real fun. The cat suit, as stupid as it looks, is actually pretty cool gameplay-wise, something new and inventive. The levels got good after the bulk of World 1; specifically, right at the first Castle.

The level themes are no shock. Valley, Desert, Ice World. Actually, the third world didn't really have a theme. There was the ice level, and then everything else was different. Not even the end-world castle was ice-themed. Before leaving, I played a little bit of world 4. It was another desert world. Why? Why do we need another desert world? This isn't even funny anymore. No, you know what, screw that, it was never funny to begin with.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Alt. Title - You Can't Scare Me

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 05 Feb 2014, 1:34 pm

From Sunday.

Arkham Asylum: Entry 4 - What a Croc
    Batman was heading fast towards the lair of Killer Croc, where an antidote for the Titan chemical supposedly lay. Just when he was about to-
    A disembodied voice wrote:Did you see the game last night?
    BAM. The game proceeds to glitch and crash. Except not really, because it's all scripted. Now, I heard about this whole fake-crash thing. But I had no idea what was up next.

The game "restarted" at the opening cutscene, except now Joker's bringing Batman to Arkham Asylum. This whole sequence is insane. Joker kills you, and at the game over screen, the hint box tells you to use the middle stick. Now, for those who are only familiar with N64 controllers, the PS3 controller has no middle stick. It's okay, though, because Batman's okay. See, he's climbing out of his own grave. He's doing great.

So, another Scarecrow sequence, and this one in particular is fuckin' creepy. There's other Batmen roaming around, and they're all bonkers. I SAW ONE EATING A RAT. NO, I AM NOT OKAY RIGHT NOW. And once Batman broke free of the fear gas, Scarecrow was right in front of him:
    Scarecrow wrote:How are you doing this? You've ingested enough fear toxin to drive ten men insane! WHAT ARE YOU?
    Okay, that was pretty cool.

Scarecrow ran away, dashing for Killer Croc's lair in order to spread his fear toxin to the waters of Gotham. Now, one villain was presently in the hideout of another, more significant (at least to this plot) villain. Guess how Killer Croc was gonna deal with Scarecrow trying to poison his water?

So Batman, slowly keeping through the lair (and smacking Croc with a batarang whenever he got snippy), found enough antidote to stop Titan. Now he just needs to negate Poison Ivy's Titanic plants.

I didn't hear from Zsasz this time. I think I hurt his feelings last entry.
    GOOD.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:53 pm

Think you'll play Buttman: ArkCUM Shitty? (Not actually shitty)
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Too far off.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:14 pm

Vyzor wrote:Think you'll play Buttman: ArkCUM Shitty? (Not actually shitty)
    I dunno. I want to save my gift money for a 3DS.
    It's too far off to consider.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty I RETURN!

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Final Fantasy II: Entry 11, 16:56 hours - Rapid Revolutions
    Spoiler:
    Fighting is easier. Enemies feel weaker. Am I overleveled?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 18 Feb 2014, 8:48 am

Final Fantasy II: Entry 12, 19:12 hours - In the Belly of the Beast
    Spoiler:
    OSMOSE. I has it. This beautiful spell drains MP from enemies. In other words, never have to use an ether ever again.

Lost my pirate party member. Got a dragoon. He's weird; he's mostly physically focused, with high Strength, but he also has pretty good Spirit, which is helpful in casting White Magic. Thing is, his Magic and MP are pitiful.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Favourite title yet. Perhaps.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:23 am

Final Fantasy II: Entry 13, 23:05 hours - The Ultima Showdown of Ultima Destiny
    Spoiler:
    I have the Ultima Tome! It's worthless to me! I don't have any White Mages on my team; Maria's only got good stats for Black Magic. And Ultima is White Magic in this game. That's right, the spell with the most destructive power is White Magic. Gggghhh. TVTropes says that Firion has good starting stats for White Magic. I've only focused on his Sword and Shield stats throughout the whole game.

I wasted a lot of time on a wild goose chase this Entry. I needed to get somewhere accessible only by flying. A long time go, I planted a Wyvern egg somewhere. I figured I needed to go there and pick up the Wyvern. Except I didn't have to do that. I needed to just call it from a remote location. Going to its actual resting spot did nothing. Hate.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty From yesterday.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 20 Feb 2014, 9:06 pm

Final Fantasy II: Entry 14, 26:15 hours - Welcome to Hell
    Spoiler:
    Lost the Dragoon. Got a Dark Knight. 

This is one long-ass final dungeon. Well, it's actual two different dungeons that just take place one right after another.

I got to the final boss. It's impossible. I looked up its total HP: 10,000. I can do about 500 in a single turn. And that would have been fine...if the boss didn't have a physical attack that could drain thousands of HP in one go. This is dumb. Unless I can stop that draining somehow, I can't see myself ever being this boss.

This is truly my darkest hour.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty The Nuzlocke Challenge.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 19 Mar 2014, 9:19 pm

Man, all of this TwitchPlaysPokemon business has got me all riled up to start a campaign of Pokemon. But I don't want to do any regular old campaign; I want it to be challenging. So I'm doing a Nuzlocke Challenge! For those unfamiliar, here are the core rules:
    Bulbapedia wrote:Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.

While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themselves, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a Graveler, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules. As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.

Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.
    In addition, I'm selecting these recommended optional rules.
    Bulbapedia wrote:Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures. If my first encounter in an area is a duplicate, I'll just not count it.

Going to options and making the battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out.

After the first wild Pokémon was caught, the starter Pokémon must be released.

Banning the use of Potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.

Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart. I'll limit myself to ten Balls at a time. In addition, only five repels of any kind, and one escape rope. I am undecided about anything else.

No catching/using Legendary Pokémon.

As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints.

If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

Setting a level limit based on the next Gym Leader's/Champion's highest leveled Pokémon. What must happen to any team members that surpass that limit before taking on the Gym Leader or Elite Four is up to the player. Specifically, my pokemon's levels cannot surpass the gym leader's highest pokemon level before entering the gym. This may become void if all of my pokemon are at the limit and I'm forced into a trainer battle before the gym.

Disallow fleeing. Unless it conflicts with the above rule.

Banning use of the day care to breed or level up Pokémon. As exceptions, I will leave two pokemon at the day care the very first time I reach it. I will only take them out when I make it to the Elite Four.
    In addition, I give myself one more rule. No keeping (non-shiny) pokemon in the PC. The only pokemon I am allowed to have are those in my immediate party.

All right, I think that's it. Let's do this!
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty Holy shit, one's already dead.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 19 Mar 2014, 11:08 pm

Nuzlocke Sapphire: Entry 1, 1:19 Hours - Save the World
    So my interpretation of the core Nuzlocke Challenge is that the entire Pokemon League is a murderous syndicate that rules over the region. Cephalo's father Norman was "recruited" from Johto as a new Hoenn gym leader. Cephalo is on a mission to save his new home from the clutches of the current Champion.

Here's my progress:
    Route 101: Caught a Wurmple (and promptly released my Treecko Salvador). Named her Natasha. Made it to Lv. 8 as a Cascoon before dying on Route 104.
    Route 103: Caught a Poochyena. Named her Scarlet. Now Lv. 8.
    Route 102: Caught a Lotad. Named her Carly. Now Lv. 7.
    Route 104: Caught a Wingull. Named him Maurice.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays - Page 3 Empty All I got is this lotad.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:18 am

Nuzlocke Sapphire: Entry 2, 2:31 Hours - That was Quick

Petalburg Woods: Caught a Zigzagoon. Named her Zoey.
    On the Route after Rustboro City, Maurice was poisoned. He died before I could get him to a pokemon centre. That hit hard; I wanted to use him for Rustboro Gym, so he was relatively high-levelled from training.
    On Route 116, I caught a Tailow. Named her Janine.

Two of my pokemon are dead already.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 25 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

Lol that sounds like a really fun challenge. So the 1st pokemon you see on a route and you don't catch it, you would never be able to catch a pokemon on that route again? Jeez, that shit is brutal.

I'm assuming it's ok to grind exp though so you could stay in one area and get your pokemon to high levels

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content