The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:16 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Mon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

» Musique Lystoux
Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Le Cinéma
Tue 25 Jul 2017, 12:26 am by Italyins

» The TSEmpire Book Club!
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Beautiful Young Pictures thread
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Anime Thread
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 3:02 pm by Italyins

» The Collective Dream Journal
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm by Vyzor

» The Internet Video Discussion Thread
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm by Vyzor

» The Official Summer Beats Thread!
Mon 17 Jul 2017, 5:17 pm by lil' poopie boy

Weekend Hangouts with our Schlangs Out

Mon 17 Apr 2017, 12:43 pm by lil' poopie boy

Hi farm,
/
/
/
This is a notice to tell you that rob and I are reaching ST this coming weekend, the 21st, 22nd, 23rd. I expect to be greeted by downie darkos ready to hangout whilst stoking our nice long cats and dogs.
So lets lets drink poison and ingest herbal remedies for our pain, lets camp at shark mountain or in the forest by the cemetery. Lets go to olearys or celebr8 or sunset diner or …

King of All Ratings Thread

TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

Re: King of All Ratings Thread

Post by TheCryptKeeper on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:27 am

@lil' poopie boy wrote:Hey what's up guys,  lil poopie boy comin at you with another review!

Today I am reviewing the Staedtler norica 132 46 HB 2 pencil. It's a good pencil with excellent writing fluidity, stiff flex for those who like to write hard, and an effective however short-life eraser. The graphite comes onto the page with a smooth head to it, and you can get this pencil as sharp as a Sharp  4K LED flatscreen tv displaying Gordon Ramsay sharpening a beautiful Bob Kramer Euroline SS Damascus Collection chefs knife ($719.99, Amazon.com). If you're a guy who uses pencils and likes to write stuff on paper with them, this is the pencil for you!

8.9/10, only drawback is the non-durable eraser!

can confirm, norica has been my goto line of stilos for years now.

only thing that tops it in my books is the elusive eagle turquoise

Re: King of All Ratings Thread

Post by TheCryptKeeper on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 3:05 pm

I'll keep these short

1984: 6.6 / 10

This book is commendable for some things and greatly disappointing for others. It's setting is so sterile and monochromatic that I feel like the pages tend to stick together in a homogeneous sludge, stopping me at times from progressing in the story. 

Some short segments of this book are particularly enjoyable. Orwell comes writes most vividly when he's depicting the long lost simplicities of life that have been disposed of in his dystopian world (these moments seem are few and far between, however). There are times also when Orwell displays wonderful insight of the more depressive and maniacal recesses of the human mind, at times he leverages these insights to ensnare the reader in a frantic page turning frenzy. 

The book is not long, but it feels long. It's so unfortunately inconsistent and there isn't much to praise when it comes to writing style or technical proficiency. 

Great Expectations: 9.2 / 10

This book is phenomenally written. The tried and true coming-of-age archetype soars higher than ever, riding on the wings of some of the most illustrative, hilarious, earnest, and truly REAL paragraphs I've ever read.

Really isn't much more to say. Sentences of this book had me laughing out loud in the same manner that I would for an absolutely mind-melting guitar solo. Read this if you want to go to a different place. But be weary, it is challenging at times and surprisingly long-winded.

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:57 pm