The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

4 posters

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something?

lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? Empty Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something?

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 19 Sep 2012, 1:25 am

Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? Empty Re: Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something?

Post by Vyzor Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

I started reading Kingdom Come. Pretty good so far
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? Empty Re: Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something?

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

are you still reading it?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

Nope lol
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? Empty Coming of Age.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:57 pm

You can find long-term enjoyment in the strangest ways.
    For instance, one day in April (my guess is April 21), I was at my Dad's house in Kitchener, surfing TVTropes.
    I was hitting the random button.
    I happened upon Engaging conversation.
    I opened the Webcomics Folder.
    I clicked on the links.
    One of them was Dumbing of Age. It's a webcomic about university. It excited me, considering I was going into university in a matter of months, and I read through the archives (it was only made in 2010).

Turns out that webcomic is just an alternate universe to David Willis's Walkyverse, where the rest of his work happens. Namely, It's Walky!. It has a completely different plot from Dumbing of Age.

So, I started with a storytelling device about marriage,
    And ended up reading about adolescents fighting aliens.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Idk, a Comic Book Thread or Something? Empty What colour of kryptonite is Superman weak to now?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:58 pm

Comic books are a weird medium. You have these decades/old franchises which have been rebooted countless times over. No series ever just stops. Imagine if DC was at a convention,
    and they wrote:Yeah, we're never making another Superman comic again.
    Imagine if, for every time an old franchise was rebooted, instead a new one was created.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:48 am

Yes.
    Italyins
    Italyins
    Small Time Chawmpy Hunter

Post by Italyins Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Mogotoo wrote:Comic books are a weird medium. You have these decades/old franchises which have been rebooted countless times over. No series ever just stops. Imagine if DC was at a convention,
    and they wrote:Yeah, we're never making another Superman comic again.
    Imagine if, for every time an old franchise was rebooted, instead a new one was created.
    actually most comic arcs are only a year to three years at the most. and the dc universe is usually rebooted every 5 to 20 years. while most big name mangas (slight exaggeration) never end. or go on for about 30 years. the characters just never stop having adventures.
    Italyins
    Italyins
    Small Time Chawmpy Hunter

Post by Italyins Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:54 pm

also, the characters, With the exception of a few smaller characters who don't appear often enough to warrant a change of character. Most north american comic characters do change a lot in personality, appearance, and moral standings. For instance Superman in the silver age is a big fucking retard, with literally an unlimited amount of power, but only within the powers he already had. Granted within the ludicrous amounts of powers he had. The big stupid fucker should have been able to bypass nearly every problem he had, but he was just to clueless to use them. By the bronze age he was a character who was afraid of developing a god complex, and possibly being to important to the people of earth as there protector, and was worried about be there for them to often.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

started walking dead. so far its pretty closely aligned with the show, but we will see....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:31 am