The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+2
Italyins
Vyzor
6 posters

"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0

TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 04 Dec 2016, 11:35 am

Oh god hahahaha

yeah the banner is great, so cute :3
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0

Post by Vyzor Sun 04 Dec 2016, 4:36 pm

Nice, now if only RORY AND TYLER WOULD COME ON TO SEE IT. Like a Star @ heaven
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Hi.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 04 Dec 2016, 10:57 pm

Vyzor wrote:Nice, now if only RORY AND TYLER WOULD COME ON TO SEE IT. Like a Star @ heaven
    I see it.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

no you DONT Evil or Very Mad
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:59 am

how fire is my new prof pic and sig thou?
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Fri 09 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

i see u rob

also ill trade you my snowboard then we can SHRED BRUH

also guys i made a snowboard jump in my backyard today. it was mediocre. lets go snowboarding. I like it not because of its adrenaline pumping speed and action, but because its like exploring a huge mountain quickly, in a fun way, ADRENALINEY, and all that.

GBNAIHNGQ:GQG
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Fri 09 Dec 2016, 4:21 pm

you had enough snow to build a ramp? daaaamn that's astonishing.

519 always seems to get more snowfall than here.
    I think when the snow falls and it gets close enough to catch a whiff of the mainstreet cement it blows allllllllllll the way to london and settles gently.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Fri 09 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm

I can't wait for our trip to BC to ride down the biggest Canadian mountain
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Sat 10 Dec 2016, 3:46 am

Man I was thinking about that Pinocchio paradox today, the one where he says "My nose will grow now", this assumes that the lie happens simultaneously with the nose growth but it can't be a lie till it's already happened, so yes his nose would grow the instant after he said that. Works for any amount of time, so if he said "my nose will grow 13 seconds from now", his nose would grow at 13 seconds plus time it takes light to travel a plank's length.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sat 10 Dec 2016, 12:05 pm

Alpha Delfa wrote:plus time it takes light to travel a plank's length.

why is this true?

I forgot about this lol. Just got me thinking about paradoxes, though. Paradoxes in math are usually used to disprove a theory or show that a theory has a gaping hole. That's essentially what we do with real life concepts or thought-experiment-ish type ideas when we notice that they are equivalent to something that is just plainly impossible (the paradox).

math is nutz man
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Sat 10 Dec 2016, 1:31 pm

loverrboi_626 wrote:
    Alpha Delfa wrote:plus time it takes light to travel a plank's length.

why is this true?

I forgot about this lol. Just got me thinking about paradoxes, though. Paradoxes in math are usually used to disprove a theory or show that a theory has a gaping hole. That's essentially what we do with real life concepts or thought-experiment-ish type ideas when we notice that they are equivalent to something that is just plainly impossible (the paradox).

math is nutz man
    It's the smallest possible increment of time, in real life anyways.
    Yeah math is pretty crazy, and definitely has pret near infinite real life applications, but it itself is just theoretical, like the idea of infinity and eternity, all just ideas, and when you think about it like that, it's not nearly as mystifying.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sat 10 Dec 2016, 4:51 pm

Alpha Delfa wrote:

I understand that, but I can't see why it's crucial to the paradox, or what role it plays or w.e.

Also yeah that is somewhat true. But I think mathematics can be as mystifying as you're willing to let it be. Math is just like (good) videogames, if you allow yourself to become immersed in the universe, it is dramatically magical at almost every layer. If however, you try to relate it to reality, then, to quote Josh Reid: "It's just lights."
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Sat 10 Dec 2016, 5:30 pm

loverrboi_626 wrote:
    Alpha Delfa wrote:

I understand that, but I can't see why it's crucial to the paradox, or what role it plays or w.e.

Also yeah that is somewhat true. But I think mathematics can be as mystifying as you're willing to let it be. Math is just like (good) videogames, if you allow yourself to become immersed in the universe, it is dramatically magical at almost every layer. If however, you try to relate it to reality, then, to quote Josh Reid: "It's just lights."
    It was just a way to say that it happens after instantly but not at the same time. True true, but even reality doesn't have true meaning unless you instill it with your own, guess you just got to go with the flow, immerse yourself in er thang, cuz at the end of the day, even if it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of thangs, it's better to be happy than not. Lmao, forgot about that golden quote, Josh Reid the Wise.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sat 10 Dec 2016, 5:53 pm

ahh okay I see

and yeah, I agree for certain
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Mon 12 Dec 2016, 8:29 pm

That Pinocchio Paradox is hilarious. I've never heard about it until you brought it up. Paradoxes are so interesting
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 13 Dec 2016, 1:50 pm

yeah the pinocchio paradox is good, but i think trent solved it. Like its only really a paradox if now refers to an extended period of time, but like the word "now" means "this instant", so since at that instant the lie isnt fully formed yet, it IS a lie. EZ STREET.

but like trent man why were you diving that deep into the pinocchio paradox LOL
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Tue 13 Dec 2016, 7:52 pm

cuz I'm a fucked up dude
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:20 pm

That doesn't solve the case where he says "My nose will grow 1 plank time from now."

What if he says "my nose will never grow again." but he lies 5 minutes later?
    Will the nose grow twice 5 minutes from now? or will it grow when he says the "lie"?
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 14 Dec 2016, 1:00 pm

dude thats getting into some linear dr manhattan time shit
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Wed 14 Dec 2016, 8:21 pm

loverrboi_626 wrote:That doesn't solve the case where he says "My nose will grow 1 plank time from now."

What if he says "my nose will never grow again." but he lies 5 minutes later?
    Will the nose grow twice 5 minutes from now? or will it grow when he says the "lie"?
    It would grow one plank after he said it would regardless of what time he said, plank included. And I was also thinking of how he can use his nose to predict the future but these questions are no longer a part of the paradox but a separate issue
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:17 am

LMAO imagine a movie based on pinocchio where the character figures out how do use his nose growth trait to tell the future and he becomes a prophet
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sat 17 Dec 2016, 2:23 pm

the new banner LMAOOOO TYYY

and is my skateboard on a wii balance board? LMFAO wtf
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:06 pm

Ya lol, your snowboard is a skateboard on top of a wii balance board for some reason lol.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

"It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Silly.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:23 pm

loverrboi_626 wrote:the new banner LMAOOOO TYYY
    Ugh, I remember that photo. I was am such a fucking tryhard.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:39 pm

me too dude, nothing wrong with being a tryhard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:35 am