The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

5 posters

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey

Poll

What game do I beat next?

[ 1 ]
    Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_left25%Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_left25%Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_left0%Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 4
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey

Post by Vyzor Wed 12 Dec 2012, 4:16 pm

Well, as some of may have noticed, I have been beating a lot of games recently. I'm actually trying to beat all the games I own. I have so much that I haven't beaten and it feels like a waste, so i'm pwning my collection, and beating them all now. I'm also trying to beat them fast by not getting 100% and not being a completionist with any of them. I'm also going to document it here and kind of have this as a journal! Very Happy

Beaten
    New Super Mario Bros. 2
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Kirby: Canvas Curse
    Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
    Star Fox Command
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    007 NightFire
    Elite Beat Agents
    Wario Land: Shake It!
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest
    Sonic Unleashed (PS2)
    No More Heroes
    Viewtiful Joe
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
    Metroid Prime

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, please vote in the poll for what the next game I beat is!!

Last edited by Vyzor on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm; edited 11 times in total
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Re: Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 12 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

ff12
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Re: Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey

Post by Vyzor Wed 12 Dec 2012, 5:18 pm

Deass, off to a good start!

bom
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Crocodile Cacophony beats Gangplank Galleon.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 12 Dec 2012, 6:04 pm

Do DKC! I feel like watching you start with a retro game.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Wed 12 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

Alright, unless rob votes for something else, I don't think it will matter. So, I'm going to start with DKC on gameboy colour!!

(next time I'll do 2 votes since that makes most sense)
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 12 Dec 2012, 9:10 pm

yeah that's right... I voted it
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty I just want to be clarified.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 12 Dec 2012, 9:22 pm

Vyzor wrote:Alright, unless rob votes for something else, I don't think it will matter. So, I'm going to start with DKC on gameboy colour!!

(next time I'll do 2 votes since that makes most sense)
    They have DKC for GBC? You're not talking about Donkey Kong Land, are you?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:40 pm

Kason Birdman wrote:yeah that's right... I voted it
    voted what??

@ tyler: No, i'm talking about this, Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Donkeyk

Since rob voted Star Fox Command, I'll play that next.

Well so far, DKC GBC, is literally the exact same as the SNES DKC. Except its way fucking harder. The physics are more chunky so jumping is sketchier and there is little to no invincibility frames when you get hurt and it switches to your partner. You get hurt, then it switches and you can get hurt right away. It's cool to hear all the songs in 8-bit too.

Such as:

Sounds sick. Well,I'm on world 3-2 now. Not that much to go actually
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm

really really gay that ff12 isnt on there
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:51 am

Those aren't the only games I'm going to beat. I have a poop load. Im leaving RPG's off right now cause they take like, 60 hours to beat. I'm also starting with my oldest games and working up to newer ones I've bought. Not to mention I'm trying to save better games for last so I have something to look forward to. If I played all these good games first it would be kife later on doing all the shitty ones last Razz

Also, I'm on World 6 now, Kremroc Industries. Once I beat this world, only one more to go, then the final boss, KING K.ROOL
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Kremroc Industries? A non-alliterative, non-rhyming title?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 13 Dec 2012, 1:47 am

Vyzor wrote:Those aren't the only games I'm going to beat. I have a poop load. Im leaving RPG's off right now cause they take like, 60 hours to beat. I'm also starting with my oldest games and working up to newer ones I've bought. Not to mention I'm trying to save better games for last so I have something to look forward to. If I played all these good games first it would be kife later on doing all the shitty ones last Razz

Also, I'm on World 6 now, Kremroc Industries. Once I beat this world, only one more to go, then the final boss, KING K.ROOL
    Buh?! Is this game short? Or do you just have nothing to do?
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 13 Dec 2012, 1:56 am

OR BOTH?@?@
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Lol the game is short. I also wasn't doing anything last night so I destroyed it.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 13 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

man duncan lets make a lets play of some game over teh comp
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Thu 13 Dec 2012, 5:04 pm

Heeeeeelll yea!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I beat DKC GBC!!!! It was a fun game! (considering it's DKC). Well it was really fucking hard. Since the screen was so small,you barely have enough reaction time.

Well, what am I going to play next?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty --------->

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 13 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

Vyzor wrote:Heeeeeelll yea!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I beat DKC GBC!!!! It was a fun game! (considering it's DKC). Well it was really fucking hard. Since the screen was so small,you barely have enough reaction time.

Well, what am I going to play next?
    You want to go old->new, right?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Thu 13 Dec 2012, 9:15 pm

Well, I meant games that I've had longer but you guys don't really know so, lol, whatever Razz I'm going to fix the poll for the next game

EDIT: Lol how do I even change the poll?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Sat 15 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

Well, I beat Star Fox Command!

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey I_9964

It was alright. The story was nothing special, but who plays Star Fox for the story? We play it for the sweet sweet gameplay....which this kind of didn't have. The control scheme made the gameplay worse which sucks. You use the stylus to control the arwing and shoot with any button. I used the D-Pad. Sounds kind of kife right? It was. But, there was a really awesome tactical part to the game. They took it from the canceled Star Fox 2 on SNES. You don't just go into a level right away. A map pops up and so do enemies on the map. You draw pathes for the arwings to go to first and try to stop the enemies from reaching the Great Fox. If your arwing hit an enemy, you would go into a battle and have to take out the baddies. All the while there is a counter that counts down each time you go into battle and if it reaches 0, you lose the level. It involved a lot of fun strategical thinking.

One thing that is neat is that it has 9 alternate different endings..but you can't change the ending on the first play through :/ The ending sucks too, krystal leaves fox and such. I wish they would have let you make choices the first time you play through the game.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Sun 16 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

Ok, since I can't change the poll, I'm just going to ask the choices Razz

Alright,

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey 250px-Super_Mario_64_DS_Coverart

-or-

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey 007-nightfire-4e2609b29302a

Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Empty Yes.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 16 Dec 2012, 3:03 pm

Vyzor wrote:Ok, since I can't change the poll, I'm just going to ask the choices Razz

Alright,

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey 250px-Super_Mario_64_DS_Coverart

-or-

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey 007-nightfire-4e2609b29302a

Never have I been faced with such a dreadfully difficult choice. I'm going to have to use your avatar and signature for this, Vyzor.

Alright, so your avatar is Dr. Zoidberg, a crustacean alien. Yoshi bears more of as resemblance to this creature than James Bond does, so SM64DS takes the lead.

On the other hand, your signature is a gender-swapped cast of Adventure Time. I imagine that Fionna would make a better mercenary than Zoidberg, so point goes to Nightfire.

I could use square matrices to find eigenvalues that correspond to each picture and pick the game with the highest one, but I didn't do well in Applemath. The apple doesn't far fall from the tree, and apples are a symbol for education. Education makes smart people. Question is, who is smarter? Mario or 007? Plumbing is supposedly rather difficult, but so is being a spy. Zoidberg is a doctor; that has gotta count for something.

HHNNGG, this is making me dizzy. You know what else makes me feel like that? Long car rides. James Bond drives cars. Ergo, I do not like Jams Bond.

Play Super Mario 64 DS.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Sun 16 Dec 2012, 4:48 pm

That was beautiful my friend, truly beautiful.

Well, I check my SM64DS file and I was more than half way completed it, so I started to finish where I left off.

As of right now, only 14 more stars to go and Bowser will be mine....

Duncan's Colossal Epic Game Beating Journey Bowser
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 18 Dec 2012, 4:21 pm

Alrighty, I beat SM64DS.

It's obviously a good game because well, it's SM64. The addition of being able to play as Yoshi, Wario and Luigi was awesome. The mini games and stuff they added are really fun. I used to play them a lot back in the day. They also added some new levels to SM64DS and areas which we're cool.

My only complaints are the shitty movement controls and camera. The movement in the first game was fine but in this one moving feels so chunky and sticky. A lot of the times I died was actually due to the a character turning around and taking a MASSIVE turn for some reason and falling off a ledge. Also, the camera was poopy in the first SM64 so...whatever.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 18 Dec 2012, 5:32 pm

man...

that tyler post..

also, star fox command sounds pretty sweet aint gon lie. playin' nightfire next?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

Lol I beat Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney cause I was on the last chapter and I thought I might as well just beat it really quickly.

I like mystery type games so I actually liked Phoenix Wright. The last chapter was a nice finish! If anyone likes mystery/point and click games I'd recommend it. It's got a nice loveable cast of characters too.

Also yes,

I AM GOING TO BEAT NIGHTFIRE NEXT!
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

NO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 8:14 am