The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+3
Italyins
Cephalo the Pod
TheCryptKeeper
7 posters

King of All Ratings Thread

Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 Empty It's Walky! Actually, his name is David Walkerton.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 02 Oct 2012, 8:04 am

Kason Birdman wrote:Is there anything that I haven't updated the OP with?
    My review.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

King of All Ratings Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: King of All Ratings Thread

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 28 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

Oh sorry, stupid forum not notifying me. I'll do that after a sec.
    Since I am now playing fable (somewhat) I might as well post a review of fable 3

Fable 3
    Fable 3 is interesting, I have heard many mixed reviews. For example, for some, it's their favorite in the series. For many, it's their least favorite. For some, they like it a hefty amount more than Fable 2.

Fable 3 has done what many series have done, or are bound to do; dumbed down for the new age of video games. Still, it does better than Fable 2 in some aspects, but not many

Gameplay; straight up dumbed down. Easy to do combos, magic system is horrible compared to Fable 2 (it was AMAZING in Fable 2), world interactions and transportation or horribly limited. Not to mention, it is much, much smaller. Normally in this day and age, going up against games like Skyrim, small games are frowned down upon (granted, I still enjoy this game more than Skyrim). The game is just... simple. and Linear. However, it connects to Fable 2 slightly more than Fable 2 does to 1, and that is enjoyable.

One of the things I can give this game credit for is its atmosphere. Simply fantastic. You feel like you are living in filth, the scum of the earth. Which is the point of this series, the world becomes more corrupt over time, and so where Albion starts as a pure, enjoyable world in Fable 1, it ends as a corrupt, poor, diseased, industrial hell hole in Fable 3. This still does not have ground over Fable 2 however, Fable 2 supplied excellent transition between the pure world and the corrupt world.

Story; character-wise, this game was stronger than Fable 2, although the lack of that one chick was disappointing, she is kind of the poster character for the series, and her role in the game was somewhat random and unsupported. However, the other main characters were amazing, and very easy to get attached to. The inclusion of Reaver was terrific to, I loved it, but they changed his character a good amount (I suppose this is due to the world becoming more corrupt.) Plot was a little too eager.. tried to be too epic and large-scale-ish. Fable 2 kept its plot humble, believable, yet EPIC. Again, this is good display of the series being dumbed down; relying on ridiculously large-scaled plot.

Completing the game, however, was more enjoyable than completing Fable 2. (100%, I mean)

Fable 3: 7.8
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 28 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

there we go, check the OP... finally updated with everything >.>
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 30 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

TF2: 9.2

so fun

kinda gets boring with the classes sometimes. idk.
    sometimes just is SO fun

holidays are the best
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

i watched despicable me, looper, and back to the future this weekend.

Heres what i think:

DM: 8.0 = so lovable and genuinely funny and enjoyable to watch
    bttf: 8.6 = just awesome. so good.
    looper: 7.5 = not bad, very entertaining, some kinda dumb "oh you couldve easily just shot him" stuff
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 05 Nov 2012, 12:17 am

da fuq is looper.

also get ready for a fukken dark movie if youre gonna watch bttf2..

deeaaarrrrrrk
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Mon 05 Nov 2012, 1:05 am

lol is it worth the watch?
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:47 am

yeah for sure.
    it's no bttf1 though
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Mon 05 Nov 2012, 2:23 pm

lol bttf is so good. No other movie manages to be so genuinely funny without cheesy one liners and still be a great movie
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 05 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

lmao I know right... fuck it's just so...

It's similar to the original star wars trilogy. So lovable and just a friendly great adventure.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

duncan: 1.1
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

hahahah. more like

duncan's forum participation: 1.3
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Fri 09 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

that was the idea haha
    Italyins
    Italyins
    Small Time Chawmpy Hunter

Post by Italyins Sun 13 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

Movie review:Killer Joe
    This movie has fantastic performances, namely from the titular character Joe, oddly enough played by a surprisingly fantastic Matthew MaCconaughey. Some other great performances were given by others as well. like Thomas Haden Church, and Gina Gershon. So for performances, I'll give it an 8 out of 10. As for the movie ill give it an 8 as well. It is a brutal edge of your seat kind of movie that leaves you with the thought of, where is this going, and that sense of curiosity is what drives you past the disturbing moments. Well i would have givin it an 8 if it wasnt for the fact that the movie shits the bed in the last 10 mins and decides to stop being good. So in the end 5/10
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Sun 13 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

Movie/OVA: Junk Boy
    This 40 min OVA by Manga entertainment is about..........me not wasting my time reviewing it 0/10
    Still love though. Thanks Cassie, sorry that you payed 45 bucks for it though.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

updated, and 0/10 LOL

I'm hoping to do more games and maybe albums. reviewin shit is real fun.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:45 pm

The Chronic (Album) by Dr. Dre

I am attempting to collect a decent Hip-Hop collection. This album is a classic, and it was 4 dollars for a used copy at video+books, so I figured; "what the hell". Well this is what I have to say, what the hell?
    This is one of the most praised rap albums I can think of, and it's not very good at all. It's not even like I despise Dre, 2001 was actually a pretty decent album. I was hoping that this album, being older, would be even better, but I was wrong.

Lyrically, its obnoxious as fuck and is uninspired. It's supposed to be about the Ghetto and Gangs, but they don't even live in LA, and there is no story whatsoever. Snoop Dogg (Lion) is on almost EVERY track. I've had enough of the Snoop Doggy Dog, he's not very talented. The album doesn't flow at all, there's no obvious direction or layout, just a bunch of tracks about how Dre is better than everyone and girls are a lesser species and how NWA has no regards for the police and infact they believe they should fuck them.

Looking at the beats... the production is pretty good. Dre does good at what he is good at (which is certainly not rapping). They are aged, but still nice. But every track is cookie cut from another, there are maybe 2 different styles of beats on the album, it gets tiresome.
    However thanks to the Intro, Outro, and "Stranded on Death Row", I wont absolutely destroy this one..

Overall: 4.8
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:45 pm

school, solid 1/10
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

plus the cd artwork is a fucking marijuana leaf
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

Album Review: Powerslave

first up. Powerslave released in 1984, it was Iron Maiden's 5th studio album. It is usually received as one of there best, and maybe my favorite. What does it cover? Iron Maidens favorite topic of course, DEATH! Thankfully though not in a morbid way. It covers a wide variety of people, occasions, events, Etc that lead up to the big event. Not quite concept album of continuous themes,just a definite samey tone, but in a good way. Just as expected the high level of talent is show especially in the instrumentals, with no two songs sounding the same. no offence to the vocals at all, i simply prefer how they had the opportunity for more power in the previous albums Peace of mind (7/10) and Number of the beast (8/10). In the end though this is one of my favorite albums of all time, and is more than worthy of its 9/10 rating. Also it having one of the best album closures (within context of the album i mean) Rime of the ancient mariner.

9/10

TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm

agreed powerslave is their best album
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm

Game review: Far Cry 3

You play as Jason Broadie, and while you, and your incredibly stereotypical douchey white friends are on an island, you are kidnapped by a band of pirates( think less swashbuckling rum-drinkers, and more AK wielding meth heads). You manged to escape by the skin of your teeth, and form there you swear that you will rescue your friends as well as get the fuck off the island. The story while simplistic is made very effective through the presentation. This is also the same positive thing I can attribute to most every thing done in this game. From the way you level up, to the way you heal yourself.

The only problem with this is that anything that was not as nicely presented as the rest really stands out. For starter there's your character. Jason plays well as he slowly adapts to the soundings through game-play with a tightly handled leveling tree that allows you to become more power full and effective in combat without it making you overpowered. As for his progression through the story. He just never becomes as interesting as the other more disturbing characters. Perhaps this is because of Jason's character being outdone by the much bigger personalities of almost everyone else. This could have been done intentionally to keep him closer to an every man character who would need to change to become a more stranded video game character, but his transitions just don't feel natural to me, and at moments feel rushed. After playing through the beginning again I found out why. Its because this is a massive map with tones to do. From hunting to racing, all the way to flower picking. Which is a good thing, but just waters down the story, and your characters development when I kill about 7000 pirates with no care given from Jason. Then all of a sudden when I when continue the story he stars to quiver in fear when give the order to kill. It just doesn't suite the open sandbox type game play. It would fit into a more linear game is all i'm saying. Still not badly executed, its just that you really don't care all that much about the side you fight for. You fight as a player simply because the bad guys are really evil.

As stated above there is plenty to do, although starts to repeat itself to early on. Like wise to the amount, and variety of enemy's to fight as well. Bears, Tigers, Dingos, Sharks, and of coarse..MAN. All of the animal AI is decent so no complaints. The people on the other hand can rang from passable to down right stupid. Never so bad that there easy, but a little extra work on them would have been nice. The UI is also good, the weapon switching is a little sticky, but again never a problem. Driving on land is pretty bad, mainly due to the tight and close first person perspective the game has. By far the worst part of the game play would be the boss fights which are nothing more than quick time events. With the exception of one that almost makes up for the others, but not quite.

Overall the game is well handled, excellently presented. It has nice tight and easy to learn controls, Therese plenty to do and explore. But the things to do can get too repetitive. The AI for humans is bad, bad boss fights (except for the one), and worst of all you really couldn't give a dam about your main protagonist, or his friends.
    In the end I give it a solid 7/10

Last edited by Italyins on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:59 pm

Don't know why its taking me so long to respond to this, maybe I thought i did earlier.
    Kason Birdman wrote: Snoop Dogg (Lion) is on almost EVERY track. I've had enough of the Snoop Doggy Dog, he's not very talented.
    Completely agree at this point hes just become some old sell out who appears on any shitty pop song as long as you pay him. Know clue why hes even still around. Also Kason did ever see that movie he did with Wiz khalifa. FUCKING TERRIBLE burn the both of them!
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:59 am

omg no I never saw it, what's it called?
    Italyins
    Italyins

Post by Italyins Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:17 pm

Mac and Devon go to high school. Its really awful. The two sing about the plot of the song in "Young wild and free" or whatever that song with the two of them is called.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:36 pm