The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+2
lil' poopie boy
TheCryptKeeper
6 posters

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again])

TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again])

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 02 Oct 2012, 5:31 pm

Holy fuck. That's dark yo.

and hilarious
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again])

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 02 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

Omg omg omg im gettin so hyped again for sharkasia! lets make a 16 bit rpg with no voice acting and awesomeness. This is what Sharkasia: Auden's Quest (I shortened audentia which was latin for courage).

So, this game will start with a bird eye view of a 16bit forest.

Thats all i got so far. But basically Auden accidentally falls from Haven, but doesn't remember how he got where he was or where he was at all. He could only remember his name, and how he was heading out to talk to a King. Otherwise nothing. But to him, all of that is fine, he's just heading out to go talk to a king. So he goes and finds a king... Then the tale begins
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:24 pm

lol raaaaape yo let's deff make that
    so far we got:
    Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
    Auden's Quest
    Seasons & Senses
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 02 Oct 2012, 8:27 pm

wait no I got it, "Seasons of Sharkasia"
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 03 Oct 2012, 1:45 am

What's Seasons?
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

Text based game which doesn't actually have to be text based. Based on a little rogue-esque / civilish war between 4 guilds, each guild is based off of a season. (Summer, because of our mindset is obvy the 'good guy' guild from the player prospective, and winter the 'bad guy' one). And in LotWE there will be 4 legendary weapons all based off a different guild.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 03 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

Solid, just a little precurser into the world
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 04 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

So dunc and I (even though he never goes on the forum lol) are going to make seasons of sharkasia a text based game. You guys should help write it too.

I'll probably make a new thread for it tomorrow or something. Also, now that I have a scanner I want to draw a big shitty map of the southern continent of sharkasia and upload it so that we always have it as a reference.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

id be up for helping!

java? or c?
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 04 Oct 2012, 4:16 pm

java. remember how originally I was going to have the whole thing entirely text so that it could run in cmd? well now I'm going to actually give it an interface. that way it can have menu buttons and shit.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

yummmmm
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty Bitchin.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

I've read all the material.
    This is actually happening, isn't it? I'm gonna be around for the origins of the blockbuster hit Sharkasia.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:05 pm

heck yeah you will be! the world will be victim to the most enjoyable rape, EVER.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:21 pm

pleasurable PENETRATION of your best thing ever receptors
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty You made me an octopus?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

Kason Birdman wrote:heck yeah you will be! the world will be victim to the most enjoyable rape, EVER.
    It's kinda sad. I can't even remember when you guys began talking about it. I'll never be able to go:
    Mogotoo wrote:Yeah, I remember back in Summer 2010 when they came up with this crazy idea for a fantasy game...
    The start of all this is just a blur in my mind.

And yet my jackass of a memory can manage to recall the street corner and weather of the time that we developed the phrase "snag a rep"!
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:59 pm

gr 10. Math class in shaddicks room. The birth of the concept. gr 11. chem, were is all began.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:18 am

lmfao. dat memory. I know how it is mogo.
    and yeah Sharkasia/Sharkasm has a pretty wicked history, one day when there's a documentary it will all be unveiled.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Fri 05 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

listen while you read

Auden looks into the sky, at the tinkling stars. His loved ones, he knows they're out there somewhere. He will find his way home someday...

But to find them, he must journey, night and day, rain and shine. Across the vast valleys, snowy mountain ranges, lonely dark forests, and barren wastelands of Sharkasia.

He is accompanied by a single boy, a young stage-actor who desperately seeks adventure in his life. Although Auden does not realize that he is Valgherie, there is a particularly adept poacher in Dickson that sees him for what he truly is....

To be continued....
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

Sharkasia. A land of mystical wonders and beings. Many stories and legends have been passed down through generations, but there is one...that has been forgotten in time. Forgotten by the great races of Sharkasia.

You are now the one, who will make this a great story. One to make this story remembered, a story told among the gods.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty The Amazing Races.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:54 am

I'm really liking the collection of races so far.
    Have you guys considered non-humanoid races? Okay, there's Jogotom, but he seems to be the sole seen specimen.
    Any more plot developed?
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Thought I posted something; talking about how Jogotom does belong to a species, and how we have bumi, jarm, gellethin is kind of not humanoid.. tamu is fairly humanoid, I guess. Also, of course, bunch of hostile creatures.

Also this is going in Sharkasia:
    Grade 3 Trent: "We all have times to die"
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Tue 09 Oct 2012, 8:37 pm

what in the fuck is that
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Something Trent wrote in a story when he was in grade 3.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Sharkasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald (Revisited! [Again]) - Page 2 Empty No, I have not thought of anything to make before Neo. Well, maybe Good Chemistry.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:21 pm

So have you guys thought of what game, if any, to make before making Sharkasia? Sharkasia seems like the kind of thing you'd want to be your Magnum Opus. If you make something beforehand, you might learn from some mistakes.

TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

Pollo's Tale, many other stereotypical/easy/practice games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 2:33 am