The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Kason's Tech Updates EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Kason's Tech Updates EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

3 posters

Kason's Tech Updates

TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Kason's Tech Updates Empty Kason's Tech Updates

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm

I figured I'd do something to keep me motivated to using the forum, and hopefully inspire some more activity.
    I'll update with any new tech news coming in to keep you guys updated.

June 04, 2013
    To begin there is some new windows 8 updates I thought were interesting; the Windows 8.1 update is going to include the ability to lock folders with a finger print. That's right, finally people are using touch screens in ways that can be taken seriously. You can lock any folder so that only your finger print will open it. Not sure when this 8.1 update is being released, but makes me want a touchscreen w8 computer slightly more. Once I'm rich, I suppose!
    Also, they're making a new Halo game for Windows 8 and the Windows 8 phone (potential dook?). Not sure who's developing the game, but there is high potential that it will rely on touchscreen gimmicks.

June 06, 2013
    I read an article the other day about an engineer from the east, sandy part of the world by the name of Dharmendra Modha. It was rather interesting, Modha had designed and created a new computing processor that was inspired by neuroscience, that's right, a computer based on the brain. While the idea of computing in general has always been man's attempt at replicating a brain, this computer is organized in the same fashion that our brains are, he believes this will allow this computer to learn and adapt, like humans and unlike previous computers.
    I'm fairly bummed, as this has been my idea for some time. Whatever, though, I suppose I should be happy it's being implemented.

In other news there is a new phone known as the 'HTC One' and it looks incredibly cheap and is being referred to as 'the most beautiful phone on the market. The phone runs android jelly bean and will likely be a good competitor for the Galaxy S4. Netflix was also down for a while in the past day or so, not exactly server handling you would expect from such a successful company. Sharkasm will definitely handle theirs far more professionally.

June 19, 2013
    With some news on Google (superior company to apple), the chrome netbook is landing at more retail stores, it`s nice to see they`re getting their foot in the hardware door. On top of that Google Fiber is receiving a crazy amount of praise, and rightly so. Equipped with gigabit ethernet this is the deadliest duo in internet speed history.
    In other news, Nvidia (makers of the best vcards, radeon!) are licensing there graphic tech to device makers so it`s likely that we will see radeon cards in phones in the near future, that`s exciting!
    People are currently saying to not update your PS3 to 4.45, as it is causing problems.
    That`s about it for now!

Last edited by Kason Birdman on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Kason's Tech Updates Empty Re: Kason's Tech Updates

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:30 pm

side notes:
    android is making a handheld system, the design doesn't look very ergonomic, not sure if it will sell well at all. Additionally, android operating systems are beginning to be implemented in computers and home desktops and stuff of the sort. Kind of jank, android is a great OS for phones, but for a computer? ...I don't know about that one.. It's just gonna be a slightly worse mac. (but cheaper!)
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:32 am

Kason Birdman wrote:I figured I'd do something to keep me motivated to using the forum, and hopefully inspire some more activity.
    Thank you.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 06 Jun 2013, 3:46 am

June 06, 2013
    I read an article the other day about an engineer from the east, sandy part of the world by the name of Dharmendra Modha. It was rather interesting, Modha had designed and created a new computing processor that was inspired by neuroscience, that's right, a computer based on the brain. While the idea of computing in general has always been man's attempt at replicating a brain, this computer is organized in the same fashion that our brains are, he believes this will allow this computer to learn and adapt, like humans and unlike previous computers.
    I'm fairly bummed, as this has been my idea for some time. Whatever, though, I suppose I should be happy it's being implemented.

In other news there is a new phone known as the 'HTC One' and it looks incredibly cheap and is being referred to as 'the most beautiful phone on the market. The phone runs android jelly bean and will likely be a good competitor for the Galaxy S4. Netflix was also down for a while in the past day or so, not exactly server handling you would expect from such a successful company. Sharkasm will definitely handle theirs far more professionally.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Kason's Tech Updates Empty Yeah okay.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

Kason Birdman wrote:The phone runs android jelly bean
    See this is why we have capital letters; to make sense of insanity like this.
    Seriously for a second I thought you were being incredibly sarcastic and mocking the phone.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 06 Jun 2013, 8:32 pm

hahahah yeah my bad. that's hilarious though.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:57 pm

Lol nice tech updates. Will definitely come here to check them out.

I need to update my Android phone some how. It's really outdated and I'm pretty sure that's why my phone doesn't receive texts at random.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:28 am

just google your phone model and you`ll find something

June 19, 2013
    With some news on Google (superior company to apple), the chrome netbook is landing at more retail stores, it`s nice to see they`re getting their foot in the hardware door. On top of that Google Fiber is receiving a crazy amount of praise, and rightly so. Equipped with gigabit ethernet this is the deadliest duo in internet speed history.
    In other news, Nvidia (makers of the best vcards, radeon!) are licensing there graphic tech to device makers so it`s likely that we will see radeon cards in phones in the near future, that`s exciting!
    People are currently saying to not update your PS3 to 4.45, as it is causing problems.
    That`s about it for now!
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:27 pm

I had to look up what Google Fiber was because it sounded interesting. That sounds really nice. I'd like to get a plan set up with Google Fiber when it is more widespread. A lot of us could use better internet, well except brandon lol.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:47 pm

yeah hes got fkin quazidecker triple-chamber auger cup internet or something

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:46 am