The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

5 posters

WORST and BEST Smash Stages

Italyins
    Italyins
    Small Time Chawmpy Hunter

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: WORST and BEST Smash Stages

Post by Italyins Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:07 am

Yeah Mushroomy Kingdom does suck. They should just stop using the scrolling stages they all suck.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

Yea man, they could POSSIBLY make a good one but, idk, chances are slim
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty What about...

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Vyzor wrote:Yea man, they could POSSIBLY make a good one but, idk, chances are slim
    Big Blue?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:20 am

the stage doesn't move though. The screen stays the same
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Semantics.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

Vyzor wrote:the stage doesn't move though. The screen stays the same
    Okay I'm having trouble telling the difference. What separates Mushroomy Kingdom from Big Blue in terms of how they move?
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

Big Blue definitely isn't side scrolling. The screen stays in one position. Mushroomy Kingdom you have to constantly move sideways or else you die, same with Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Whatever.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:31 am

Vyzor wrote:Big Blue definitely isn't side scrolling. The screen stays in one position. Mushroomy Kingdom you have to constantly move sideways or else you die, same with Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls
    But you move along with the platforms, and the platforms move.
    Anyway, what if Mushroom Kingdom ran really fast? Like, you're all racing against a player's ghost like in Mario Kart

Last edited by Mogotoo on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:08 pm

Yea the platforms move, but mushroomy kingdom/icicle mountain pull you toward the walls and bottom to kill you. In Big Blue, the screen doesnt pull you. You can be standing most of the time and be fine.

anyways, one where it goes really fast would be awful lol. Like, when icicle mountain/rumble falls goes fast, it's just the worst
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Roger.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Wed 12 Sep 2012, 2:43 pm

Vyzor wrote:Yea the platforms move, but mushroomy kingdom/icicle mountain pull you toward the walls and bottom to kill you. In Big Blue, the screen doesnt pull you. You can be standing most of the time and be fine.

anyways, one where it goes really fast would be awful lol. Like, when icicle mountain/rumble falls goes fast, it's just the worst
    Okay, I think I understand.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Ambition condition.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 30 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

I'd like to start a countdown series, akin to the Autarch of Flame and the Fiery Joker. I think these will be my first countdowns.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

WORST and BEST Smash Stages - Page 2 Empty Ehhhhh?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 03 Jan 2013, 1:00 am

Time for a revision.
    Green is for old entries that have shifted along the list.
    Blue is for new entries.

10. Summit (Brawl): The two stationary phases of this stage are pretty cool, but what puts this on the list is the drop from peak to sea...k. Slanting the whole stage and lowering the gravity is something that doesn't happen a lot.

9. Kongo Jungle (Melee): This is how you make a "nothing-but-platforms" stage. Everything is made of logs strapped together, so their flatness makes sense. The distribution of the platforms is intriguingly irregular, and it just looks so nice.

8. Great Bay (Melee): This stage does a superb job at replicating its source material, and the layout itself is very different from other stages.

7. Brinstar Depths (Melee): You guys know I love this stage. It's a really weird one. No ledges (which gives Samus an advantage, actually), and the whole thing rotates from time to time. It's nice to see Kraid in 3D, but WTF's wrong with his head? It looks like a reptilian dog.

6. Princess Peach's Castle (Melee): Another thing that makes Smash great; the absurd locales. LETS FIGHT ON A CASTLE YEAH!!! It's cool that it's perfectly flat but it also has the tower in the middle. And the Banzai Bills are spectacular.

5. Sector Z (64): My favourite of the two horizontal Great Fox stages, the other being Corneria. Because it's bigger, and a carrier for arwings should be pretty big. The Great Fox in general is a really cool location for a battle. Not to mention all those heated battles that take place on the tail.

4. Saffron City (64): My absolute favourite SSB64 stage was placed a bit high last time. This was the original Fourside, although Saffron's building's are more level, so there's a greater feel of fighting at a high altitude.

3. Fourside (Melee): I like fighting on the tops of skyscrapers. I really do. Fourside's platforms vary greatly in height, allowing for a diverse match.

2. Poké Floats (Melee): Not my favourite moving stage, but a stage with the best moving in it. The platforms are just so varied (not to mention all the pokemon involved).

1. Big Blue (Melee): I'm rather surprised by this turnout. But yeah, my favourite stage ever. You're fighting ON THE CARS. Because of this, you'll be left behind real quick if you touch the road. I just love that about this stage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:18 am