The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:59 am by Alpha Delfa

» Where's The Beats!?
Mon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

» Musique Lystoux
Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Le Cinéma
Tue 25 Jul 2017, 12:26 am by Italyins

» The TSEmpire Book Club!
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Beautiful Young Pictures thread
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Anime Thread
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 3:02 pm by Italyins

» The Collective Dream Journal
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm by Vyzor

» The Internet Video Discussion Thread
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm by Vyzor

» The Official Summer Beats Thread!
Mon 17 Jul 2017, 5:17 pm by lil' poopie boy

Weekend Hangouts with our Schlangs Out

Mon 17 Apr 2017, 12:43 pm by lil' poopie boy

Hi farm,
/
/
/
This is a notice to tell you that rob and I are reaching ST this coming weekend, the 21st, 22nd, 23rd. I expect to be greeted by downie darkos ready to hangout whilst stoking our nice long cats and dogs.
So lets lets drink poison and ingest herbal remedies for our pain, lets camp at shark mountain or in the forest by the cemetery. Lets go to olearys or celebr8 or sunset diner or …


    Pokémon

    Share
    avatar
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

    Posts : 1796
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Somewhere in London, jogging.

    Watch it now.

    Post by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:41 pm

    @Vyzor wrote:LOL, I think all the tpp memes are so funny.

    I really wish I would have seen the part where they turned the helix fossil into an omanyte. I bet that shit was hyyyyyyped
    You can watch all the Pokemon Red footage on the channel.


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

    Check this battle


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm

    Or this one.


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 10:58 pm



    _________________
    avatar
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

    Posts : 1796
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Somewhere in London, jogging.

    Nice to see this thread get revived.

    Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

    Woah wait, you're tman13?
    Aw that's so cool! I should give this site a try some time.


    _________________
    avatar
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 43°15.5′N 81°08′W

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Vyzor on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 9:01 pm

    That does look pretty cool. I'm guessing you can choose any pokemon? If so, do you get to choose their stats or anything?


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:35 pm

    Yeah you can choose any, and their stats accordingly. Check this underdog story right here.


    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

    dude all the pokemon die in like 1 hit lol

    your absol got rekt after all that prep


    i bet tapwatertom would DESTROY you


    _________________
    avatar
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

    Posts : 1418
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : alone in the snow

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by lil' poopie boy on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm

    trent that last one was tight


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:20 pm

    @lil' poopie boy wrote:trent that last one was tight
    Yeah I had a hard time believing I could come back from that, just had umbreon and miltank and he had 5 of his mons left.


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:22 pm

    lostboi_626 wrote:dude all the pokemon die in like 1 hit lol

    your absol got rekt after all that prep


    i bet tapwatertom would DESTROY you
    As soon as Linoone comes out for Go, Zach Bradley (aka tapwater tom) is going down.


    _________________
    avatar
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 43°15.5′N 81°08′W

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Vyzor on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:25 pm

    Man, pokemon go is neat but nothing beats the actual gameplay of regular pokemon games


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:15 am

    @Vyzor wrote:Man, pokemon go is neat but nothing beats the actual gameplay of regular pokemon games
    That's arguable.


    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:40 pm

    tyler's post about steelix on the previous page is great lol.
    need more material like that around here.


    _________________
    avatar
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

    Posts : 1796
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Somewhere in London, jogging.

    I got really nerdy here.

    Post by Cephalo the Pod on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm

    lostboi_626 wrote:tyler's post about steelix on the previous page is great lol.
    need more material like that around here.
    Oh, really? Neat.

    Um...so how about them types, eh? Sometimes I wonder how, in-universe, pokemon get classified with types. I mean, pokemon don't just have magical barriers that react differently to different means of attack, do they?

    I figure that each species of pokemon has been subjected to a series of internationally standard tests to narrow down exactly what each pokemon's type is. Like, they'll take a group of pokemon of the same species and subject them to a flame, and then a container of water, and then electricity, etc.

    I bet it started off with a Single-Type Model, proposed by a well-respected scientist in the field. Then a few more scientists propsed a Dual-Type Model. Eventually, a mix of the two models became universally accepted. I bet kids learn about the history of typology in school!

    *GASP*!!! Maybe that's where new types come from! Scientists revise the model as experiments continue to be conducted! You think there were some scientists from, like, America or wherever that were really reluctant to accept the Bug type? Or the Ground type?


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:06 pm

    @Cephalo the Pod wrote:
    lostboi_626 wrote:tyler's post about steelix on the previous page is great lol.
    need more material like that around here.
    Oh, really? Neat.

    Um...so how about them types, eh? Sometimes I wonder how, in-universe, pokemon get classified with types. I mean, pokemon don't just have magical barriers that react differently to different means of attack, do they?

    I figure that each species of pokemon has been subjected to a series of internationally standard tests to narrow down exactly what each pokemon's type is. Like, they'll take a group of pokemon of the same species and subject them to a flame, and then a container of water, and then electricity, etc.

    I bet it started off with a Single-Type Model, proposed by a well-respected scientist in the field. Then a few more scientists propsed a Dual-Type Model. Eventually, a mix of the two models became universally accepted. I bet kids learn about the history of typology in school!

    *GASP*!!! Maybe that's where new types come from! Scientists revise the model as experiments continue to be conducted! You think there were some scientists from, like, America or wherever that were really reluctant to accept the Bug type? Or the Ground type?
    That's actually pretty neat Tyler. You should calculate how effective each type is on a hypothetical pokemon that is all types all at once.


    _________________
    avatar
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

    Posts : 1796
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Somewhere in London, jogging.

    That was fun.

    Post by Cephalo the Pod on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:24 pm

    @Alpha Delfa wrote:That's actually pretty neat Tyler. You should calculate how effective each type is on a hypothetical pokemon that is all types all at once.
    Here's how each attacking type would fair on an 18-type pokemom:

    Normal: 0x
    Fire: 1x
    Water: 1x
    Electric: 0x
    Grass: 1/16x
    Ice: 1x
    Fighting: 0x
    Poison: 0x
    Ground: 0x
    Flying: 1x
    Psychic: 0x
    Bug: 1/16x
    Rock: 2x
    Ghost: 0x
    Dragon: 0x
    Dark: 1/2x
    Steel: 1/2x
    Fairy: 1x


    _________________
    avatar
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

    Posts : 1418
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : alone in the snow

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by lil' poopie boy on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 12:42 am

    trents got some sneaky butt sniff3r little scheme going thats gunna use tylers calculations and turn them into a winning team on pokemon showdown


    _________________
    avatar
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

    Posts : 115
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2016-06-07
    Age : 23
    Location : Here

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Alpha Delfa on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:04 am

    @Cephalo the Pod wrote:
    @Alpha Delfa wrote:That's actually pretty neat Tyler. You should calculate how effective each type is on a hypothetical pokemon that is all types all at once.
    Here's how each attacking type would fair on an 18-type pokemom:

    Normal: 0x
    Fire: 1x
    Water: 1x
    Electric: 0x
    Grass: 1/16x
    Ice: 1x
    Fighting: 0x
    Poison: 0x
    Ground: 0x
    Flying: 1x
    Psychic: 0x
    Bug: 1/16x
    Rock: 2x
    Ghost: 0x
    Dragon: 0x
    Dark: 1/2x
    Steel: 1/2x
    Fairy: 1x
    2:06 to 2:07



    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:46 am

    @Cephalo the Pod wrote:You think there were some scientists from, like, America or wherever that were really reluctant to accept the Bug type? Or the Ground type?

    probably, I still don't accept steel type. (and I'm not to hyped on fairy, neither)

    @Cephalo the Pod wrote:
    Here's how each attacking type would fair on an 18-type pokemom:

    Normal: 0x
    Fire: 1x
    Water: 1x
    Electric: 0x
    Grass: 1/16x
    Ice: 1x
    Fighting: 0x
    Poison: 0x
    Ground: 0x
    Flying: 1x
    Psychic: 0x
    Bug: 1/16x
    Rock: 2x
    Ghost: 0x
    Dragon: 0x
    Dark: 1/2x
    Steel: 1/2x
    Fairy: 1x

    interesting. why would they not want the three starters balanced?
    how exactly should i think about zeros in this scenario? that makes it seems like they don't affect as many types as they do, but I know that can't be the case for all these.


    _________________
    avatar
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

    Posts : 1418
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : alone in the snow

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by lil' poopie boy on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:44 am

    I think you can make 0 out to be that at one point it doesn't effect one of the types, so it's like multiplying by 0


    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 11:15 am

    then, Ty, I must say; there is a glaring flaw in your interpretation and/or presentation of this data

    edit: i just read the first line of your post lol, in the context you have outlined it makes sense.


    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

    so bug and grass are weak against 4 types and strong against 1? is that correct?


    _________________
    avatar
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

    Posts : 1796
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 23
    Location : Somewhere in London, jogging.

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Cephalo the Pod on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 12:08 pm

    lostboi_626 wrote:so bug and grass are weak against 4 types and strong against 1? is that correct?
    Grass and Bug are ineffectve against 7 types and super-effective against 3.
    (2^3)/(2^7)=2^(-4)


    _________________
    avatar
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

    Posts : 1985
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-21
    Age : 23
    Location : 4 levels up and 1 room to the left

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by TheCryptKeeper on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 12:59 pm

    gotchya


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pokémon

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:14 pm