The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» Musique Lystoux
Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Tue 01 Aug 2017, 8:50 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Le Cinéma
Tue 25 Jul 2017, 12:26 am by Italyins

» The TSEmpire Book Club!
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Beautiful Young Pictures thread
Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» The Anime Thread
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 3:02 pm by Italyins

» The Collective Dream Journal
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm by Vyzor

» Where's The Beats!?
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:06 pm by Vyzor

» The Internet Video Discussion Thread
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm by Vyzor

» The Official Summer Beats Thread!
Mon 17 Jul 2017, 5:17 pm by lil' poopie boy

Weekend Hangouts with our Schlangs Out

Mon 17 Apr 2017, 12:43 pm by lil' poopie boy

Hi farm,
/
/
/
This is a notice to tell you that rob and I are reaching ST this coming weekend, the 21st, 22nd, 23rd. I expect to be greeted by downie darkos ready to hangout whilst stoking our nice long cats and dogs.
So lets lets drink poison and ingest herbal remedies for our pain, lets camp at shark mountain or in the forest by the cemetery. Lets go to olearys or celebr8 or sunset diner or …

The Pod Plays

Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

The Pod Plays

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 26 Aug 2012, 8:27 pm

Final Fantasy II begins at page 1
    Gravity Rush begins at page 1. It ends on page 4.
    Persona 4 Golden begins at page 1. It ends on page 3.
    Sonic Colours begins at page 3.
    Super Mario Bros. begins at page 4.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum begins at page 4.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012
    As I speak, my iPod is installing Final Fantasy II. I've only played IV and VI before this, so I'm still kinda new to the franchise.

I've created this thread as a sort of journal of my progress through this game. Every time I turn the game on, I will make a post, commenting on any interesting events that occur in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

22 minutes in. Toured through the opening town of Altair.

The prologue to the game is pretty sad - bunch of teens(?) lose their entire home to a devilish tyrant, and one of their crew has been captured. But the whole prologue is just text with a few second-long scenes thrown in. Kind of rushed, really. Still good overall.

So the more you do something (attack, get hit, use magic), the more the corresponding stat goes up. Sounds aight.

Monday, June 25, 2012: Entry 1, 54 minutes - Fynn and HOLY SHIT WEREWOLVES
    Plot:
    Spoiler:
    Went to Fynn. It's overrun by Imperials (all the fightable guards are invincible, so I imagine that's not what I'm supposed to do). Met a guy at a pub. Turns out to be a part of the rebellion. Tells me to help this guy in a secret room of the pub. Turns out that that guy is the prince of Keshua or whatever. So he dies (gives me a ring), and things look bad.

Gameplay:
    Kind of lost, although I can access a map now (cool).
    Had a WTF moment. For the record, monsters so far have been pretty weak. A few hit points, me taking a coupl'a points of damage at a time, no big deal. Then one time I'm just minding my own business in the overworld when suddenly two werewolves pop up. I have no idea when I'm getting into, when all of a sudden 300 POINTS OF DAMAGE CHARACTER IS DEAD BAM!! OH FUCK ATTACK ATTACK WHATDOYOUMEAN 0 DAMAGE?!!! OH SHIT OH FUCKFUCKFUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!! Dead. Shit.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012: Entry 2, 1:11 hours - Lost
    Don't know where I'm going; it's beginning to piss me off. I can't do anything else in Fynn.
    Although I've made an important discovery. There are invisible borders everywhere defining areas by difficulty. Once you cross it, you go from one-hit goblins to FUCKING WEREWOLVES. Makes it frustrating to travel, since not only do I not know where I'm going, I'm being punished for not knowing where I'm going.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012: Entry 3, 2;28 hours - Minecrap
    So the plot's progressing.
    Spoiler:
    Huh, never thought to present the Keshua prince's ring to the Princess in Altair via the Item option.

Anyway, I'm being sent to Salamand to get some mythril, the same stuff Palamecia uses in their equipment. It turns out the men there have been enslaved by the empire to mine mythril at Semitt Falls. Also, I met this game's Cid, a pilot for hire.

Princess Hilda sent one of her men with me on this journey. Minwu, a (white, as it turns out) mage with bucketloads of mana. That's cool and all, but his staff can hit jack shit. It's pitiful, really.

I'm in a new place, and the enemies are finally getting tougher. It's occurred to me that with the characters having different skill bars for each type of weapon, I'm gonna want to specialize aren't I. I'm gonna make Firion a swordsman, and Guy an axeman. I also started training Maria's black magic.

Thursday, July 19, 2012: Entry 4, 4:11 hours - Dread not
    I'd like to mention that the regular battle music is the best out of the three games (II, IV an VI) I've played. Very bombastic.
    Spoiler:
    Stormed through the Semitt Falls Cave, rescuing the men of Salamand and getting some mythril. Afterwards, Princess Hilda sent the heroes on a mission to destroy the Dreadnought, an absolutely massive airship. Meanwhile, this guy named Borghen seems to be rising through the Empire's ranks. Apparently he's also a douce.

The heroes crawled through the sewers of Bafsk to get to the Dreadnought, but it took off before they could make it. Now a bunch of cities (even Altair) have been bombed. Hilda's father's condition is worse than ever, so Minwu decided to leave the party to take care of him.

Cid in Poff has mentioned that sunfire, the fuel of airships, can be used to overload airships and destroy them. The heroes have been sent on a mission to Keshuan to get this sunfire.
    I've started considering the benefits of making one of my warriors dual-wielders (maybe Guy). It started when I was buying mythril weapons and noticed that there was no mythril axe for Guy. It occurred to me that this kind of scenario might happen again. Also, there's the obvious extra damage dealt every turn.

There's this random cave at about the same latitude a Salamand. It seems to be KeyTerm-based. There's a portal that seems to open up a different dungeon for whatever KeyTerm you give it, and there's a guy who tells you what kind of fortune each KeyTerm holds for each party member (whether it will be good for you or not). Huh.

Saturday, July 21, 2012: Entry 5, 5:08 hours - The long road
    Spoiler:
    I went to Kashuan via Cid's airship, but I couldn't grab the sunfire! There goes 400 gil.
    Fortunately, a trip to Altair proved informative. Apparently only the Goddess Bell can open up the lower floors of Kashuan Keep, which I'm sure will advance the plot. Firion and co. were told to talk to Josef in Salamand about the Bell. He claimed that the snowy cave which housed it can only be reached by snowcraft. Fortunately, he was kind enough to lend the heroes his snowcraft and hand in their adventures.

So, I need Josef for his snowcraft,
    which will get me to the bell,
    which opens the keep,
    that probably houses the container,
    which is needed to contain the sunfire,
    which is vital to sabotaging the Empire's airship.
    So I have a new party member, and Guy is dual-wielding now (with a staff-type weapon [mythril mace]).

Monday, July 23, 2012: Entry 6, 7:36 hours - Ice and fire
    Spoiler:
    Found the Goddess Bell (guarded by an adamantoise), but Borghen booby-trapped the way out. Josef slowed the giant boulder down while the heroes escaped. Sadly, Josef was crushed by the boulder and killed.

With Bell in hand, Firion and co met Gordon at Kashuan Keep. He joined up with them to search for a means to carry the sunfire back with them. After some searching, they encountered a Red Soul guarding Egil's Torch. Victory ensued, and sunfire was caught.

Upon exiting the Keep, Cid's airship rushed past, being chased by the Dreadnought. It turns out Princess Hilda felt bad about sending three teenagers to sabotaging a war machine and wanted to meet up with them in the airship. Now the heroes must strike the Dreadnought head-on.
    So stuff's happening now. Getting pumped. I lost my new party member, but got a new new party member. They're not that useful, really.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm; edited 10 times in total

Re: The Pod Plays

Post by TheCryptKeeper on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 4:17 pm

oh yay it's back. I should do one.
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

mass effect?
    TheCryptKeeper
    Downie Darko

Post by TheCryptKeeper on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

Well I'm already through the intro and a bit of it. I was actually thinking of making a thread where I rate and shortly review games, it would be cool if we all did one actually.
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Post by Vyzor on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:38 am

Yea, I would like to do that.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Fuck Ghouls, seriously.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:37 am

Final Fantasy II: Entry 7, 8:07 hours - Have no dread! Wild Rose ahead!
    Didn't do too much today.
    Spoiler:
    The heroes have rescued Hilda and Cid. They must now find the Dreadnaught's engine.
    A frequent enemy here keeps using Blind IV. I've run out of eye drops. I'm getting back into the swing of this game.

Last edited by Mogotoo on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by lil' poopie boy on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:41 pm

yes. Undead rape in that game.

That's...that's kinda horrible.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm

Sauxuas wrote:yes. Undead rape in that game.
    Is it necrophilia if it's the dead guy doing it?

Post by lil' poopie boy on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:44 am

^ i lost...

in the wrong thread

Post by TheCryptKeeper on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

hhahahaha that's good shit

Woah, um, Dusty. There's stars in your body. I think you should get that checked.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

Gravity Rush: Entry 1, about half an hour - Are they speaking French?
    As of today, this thread will hold journals for all future games. I'm starting with Gravity Rush.

Didn't know much about this game upon buying it, just that it involves
    screwing with gravity
    a high metacritic score
    and a world falling apart. Sounds good.

The plot begins with a girl...who has amnesia. Ohhhhh nnnnoooooo. A man's house, with his son inside gets ripped out and sucked into a storm in the sky. Her skills are called upon by the man, except she doesn't know about these skills. Fortunately the funny-looking cat by her side does, and before you know it she's zippin' around the skies like the hype for PAX.

So she saves the boy. Sadly the man's house falls off a high wall and is presumably destroyed. And the man has the gall to bitch at her about it just after she saved his kid's life. No paraphrasing:
    Man wrote:I asked you to save my son's life, not destroy my house!
    What, an asshole.

The story is presented through both regular cutscenes and mangaesque pages. The people are speaking this...language. I don't know, sounds kinda French. But I don't think it's French.

I like the idea of shifting gravity. I feel like it's gonna go a long way.

Last edited by Mogotoo on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total

The old man stopped yelling at me!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Gravity Rush: Entry 2, 2:56.54 hours - Lots of people
    From all of yesterday. Plot will now be in spoilers from now on.
    Spoiler:
    The girl, shortly after saving the young boy's life, spotted another Gravity Shifter, this one with a crow. She quickly fled. The girl was given the name Kat by a police officer she saved from thugs, named Syd.

Kat, after assemblying some old furniture for her shiftmake house in the sewers, assisted Syd in a case. The criminal Alias is after the gem protecting the town. However, Alias, somehow disguising himself as Syd, snatched the gem from Kat after she just switched it with a fake to fool him.

Kat met a fortune teller who sent her off with a cryptic message supposedly leading her to her “Mr. Destiny”. All it lead her to was a creepy old man calling himself “The Creator”.

It turns out, however, that he was important after all. He guided her in returning another town of Hekesville that had been sucked into another dimension by a gravity storm. And now, Pleajeune once again rests beside Auldnoir. This game is so French.

The other Gravity Shifter, Raven, assaulted Kat after her municipal rescue. Fortunately, the Creator was there to stop the fight. Good thing; Raven severely outclasses Kat.
    This game is great. In my latest mission, I got a new superawesome powerup, and fought my first boss. And the soundtrack is beautifully orchestrated. I need to give it a listen on its own sometime.

Going into this, I had expected a lot more isolated experience. But there is lots of people. Okay.

Mine's Mogotoo.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:02 pm

From last Friday.

Gravity Rush: Entry 3, 5:59 hours - What's your Alias?
    Spoiler:
    In Pleajeune, Kat met a student, Newt, who's trying to find a friend of his, Echo. Clearly smitten with the boy, Kat agrees to help him. After some detective shenanigans, Kat and Newt find Echo huddled in a room, talking to a Nevi? Kat fights it off, and the day is saved. Newt has yet to be heard from since this mission.

Next, Kat went to retrieving another part of Hekesville, this time more of Pleajeune. However, Raven showed up, making quick work of the giant Nevi guarding the place. Despite being severely outclassed just two missions ago, Kat managed to beat Raven and secure the missing part of Hekesville.

Alias is back! With new access to Endestria, Kat assisted Syd and the police in confronting the criminal mastermind. Turns out he can control Nevi. To what extent is unknown. Kat successfully knocked Alias out, and he landed in a garbage compressor, presumably dead.

Kat now ventures to secure another piece of Hekesville.
    There was this one boss fight with a giant Nevi in Pleajeune that I absolutely loved. The one from last entry was alright, but this one was way more intense. I can't say too much without spoiling.

I have a new superawesome attack, where I throw rocks. It's cool. I also figured out how to Gravity Slide. Some on TVTropes say it's not that good. I think it's fun.

The fight with Alias was the first time I found myself dying multiple times in one mission. Kind of frustrating and hard to hit.

The Creator's name is Gade, by the way.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:07 am

From Thursday.

Gravity Rush: Entry 4, DunnoHowMany hours - Getting to the Bottom of this.
    Spoiler:
    When meeting up with Gade the Creator to secure the third missing piece of Hekesville, Kat's cat Dusty found some treats that supposedly posion Nevi. Well hoooowwww aaaaboooouuut that. This restricted movement in this mission, although Kat persisted. And succeeded. 'Cause it'd kinda suck for her to die halfway through the game.

But wait! The Nevi somehow managed to cross over to the regular dimension and launch a massive attack! Fortunately the military stopped by to help. Apparently the mayor wasn't being very effective and these guys were long overdue according to many a citizen. Also apparently he passed away. What. After the attack the military offered Kat a position, although she didn't like their conditions.

Stressed, Kat moved on to the fourth, final and largest piece of the city, Vendecentre. Did I mention FRENCH? She wanted to relax and enjoy herself, and it seemed she would. The next mission was a simple request to get a girl's (last, is he dead?) letter from her boyfriend. Apparently it fell. Off the city floating in the sky. Huh. Having fun Kat?

So she went down, at first simply curious about how far down the massive stone pillar below town went. But then Raven showed up. As usual, she talked in a way that you can't decipher anything she's saying without beforehand knowing what she's talking about. After a few thousand whatever-units-we're-using of falling, a roar and a shadowy...spear? Tentacle? I dunno...struck Kat, separating her from Dusty and sending her falling to the black storm below.

Kat woke up in a cage, surrounded by kids. Nothing but kids. While Kat tried to escape, a bunch of Nevi assaulted the little village. After saving them, the children warmed up to Kat. Turns out they're all from Hekesville, after a bus fell off the city.

Typing that made me realize just how ridiculous that sounds. I forget, was it a flying bus? I'm pretty sure all vehicles fly here. I can't recall any road vehicles.

Later, a HUGE Nevi, one the children appeared to be acquainted with, assaulted the little village. Raven stopped by to help Kat drive it away (supposedly forming a truce). Afterwards, a cutscene implied that she is a girl from the village who was lost to them many years ago, and like a sister to the leader.
    I'm stuck (due to plot) in this area apart from the regular map. I wonder how long I will be.

Last edited by Mogotoo on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

EVERYBODY IN THIS ROOM IS A WHORE!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:26 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 1, 3:30 hours - Welcome to the Velvet Room
    Spoiler:
    The game opens with a dream in a limo. You're talking to this guy named Igor, and he serves as a transition into the game, asking for your name. I chose Mogotoo Testardo (I kinda got stuck halfway between the decisions of making this blank slate a representation of myself and a character of his own right. My bad).

The hero (who I will refer to from here on out as Pag [damn, should have thought of that name before]) is transferring from the big city to a small town for a year while his parents are away on business. He's staying with his uncle and young cousin for the year. There's this scene on the first day of school where the homeroom teacher (who hates teens) off-handedly calls Pag a loser. You have an option of responding with "Are you calling me a loser?" My "courage" stat actually went up.

You can tell who's gonna be an important character by the uniquity of their uniform and the presence of their portrait when their text boxes come up. You are quickly introduced to Chie (a total Genki Girl), Yukiko (much quieter), and Yosuke (the butt monkey). Chie told Pag an urban legend about being able to see your soulmate if you look into a TV at midnight when it's raining. Oh-by-the-way-there's-a-dead-body-on-a-TV-antenna-nothing-to-see-here.

Pag tried the midnight channel, but he just saw a clip of a girl that he couldn't quite make out. Turns out Chie and Yosuke both saw her. Except Pag could also go through his TV. They didn't believe him. While the three went to help Chie buy a new TV, Pag demonstrated his TV-Portal-Powers. Understably, the other two freak out. And everyone fell into the TV.

The three explored the weird world they were introduced to for a while, and then were introduced to a strange cartoon bear who gave them the means to return home. The next day, it turns out that Saki Kinoshi, Yosuke's crush, was killed last night similarly to the last woman. Yosuke wanted to investigate the TV world again. The investigation revealed that Saki was sucked into the alternate dimension and killed by her repressed negative emotions, which became Shadows. Turns out working at the recently-opened mall which was ruining small businesses such as her parents' was making her life miserable.

Pag and Yosuke then encountered Yosuke's Shadow. Yeah, he's got some issues too. Pag fought it off with his Persona, an entity he gained by facing his true self (which I don't remember actually happening for him). Yosuke then had a little moment, got his own persona, and they both got out via the bear, Teddie.

The heroes deduced that the Midnight channel showcases people trapped in the TV World, about to die. The next victim is feared to be Yukiko. They decided to better prepare themselves by requiring weapons and armour. Chie ran ahead in the alternate dimension; which is a concern for the other two since she was left behind last time and thus has no combat experience. Their worries are justified as Chie loses control of her Shadow. Cue fight, little moment, etc.

And now the heroes retreat to rest and prepare to save Yukiko.
    Welcome to Persona 4. And what a welcome? Did you see that opening? Probably not, but it's trippy.

There wasn't actually loads of combat or, hell, movement, in the first 3.5 hours. Relatively speaking. There was at least one hour of dialogue and scripted events. I've actually only seen one real dungeon so far. I played enough to get told about fusing personas together. That sounds fun.

Have I mentioned that Yosuke is YURI LOWENTHAL?! It's so cool. Not that I've looked it up, but it's so damn obvious. Also, I think Pag's uncle's assistant is Johnny Young Bosch.

Igor's talking; what can I say. I can't take a single sentence seriously. The inflection is just all wrong. But, it's like, one step beyond. It's not just typical anime-dubbing; Teddie is typical anime-dubbing. Igor is like, they went out of their way to ruin him. Am I missing something? Is he supposed to sound this bad?

Anyway, this was a nice way to spend the day.

HE HAS A HORSE FOR A HEAD!!!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 2:13 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 2, 5:30 hours - Go find a hot stud
    Spoiler:
    Pag and crew stormed Yukiko's castle in the Midnight Channel to save her before Inaba got foggy and the Shadows attacked (that's how they work). They found her Shadow, going on about finding a "Prince" to be her lover. She fled, and now the heroes are chasing after her.
    I fused some personas! I took three low-level cards and made a more appropriately powerful one. I'm having a barrel of fun just exploring the system.

I'm getting more freedom. I can choose how much time to spend before saving Yukiko, so long as it doesn't get foggy. Apparently I can join a sport's club now, and the game is telling me to check my calendar regularly to look out for important dates.

This is more like it.

He even said "Bite me" at the camera!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 2:30 am

I should probably mention the calendar system this game has. The story started on April 11. The passage of time is a central game element, and events are made to both occur on certain days and pass the time appropriately. So far, I'm in the middle of May.

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 3, 10:29 hours - Strange?!
    Spoiler:
    Pag, Yosuke and Chie finished saving Yukiko quite literally from herself. The following week (or so) was spent waiting for her to recover. Pag passed the time by making friends and improving on his personality. He joined the basketball club (one of the two sports clubs) and made friends with one from each. The three hang out together. He also bought some books and got a job as an envelope constructor. I...I dcn't know, it increases my Diligence and I get paid, that's enough for me.

One night, biker gangs were on the news. And a main character was one of them. You can tell he's a main character because he has a portrait when speaking. Also he's on the cover. He was shown on the Midnight Channel, wearing only a bath towel and talking really flamboyantly. Geeeeeeeee, I wonder what his hidden depths are. Yosuke, on the phone with Pag shortly after they both saw this, took a minute to ask him about Chie and Yukiko. I presume that this is the start of the possible romance sub-plots. I made Pag choose Yukiko.
    I'm really getting in to this game. I can visit the (one) dungeon(s) I've already played through to train my party (which I believe to be at full capacity now). I'm doing a lot of socializing (which is very useful in the fusion of personas). So much, in fact, that I've, on at least one occasion, had a scheduling conflict with two friends.

I probably should be complaining about how I've done more interacting with characters than fighting with monsters, but there's just too much to the system to not have fun. It helps that it all ties in to the battling in the end.

The pervert is the murderer!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 4, 18:29 hours - More
    Spoiler:
    Pag and crew crawled through the bathhouse in the Midnight Channel, finding Kanji at the top. Turns out his secret wasn't specifically homosexuality so much as insecurity over his feminine side and fearing not being accepted. Still doesn't keep Yosuke from being uncomfortable around him later on.

So, like before, there was a lot of breathing room as Kanji recovered, giving everyone a few weeks to socialize. Then he joined the party. The group deduced that victims are picked by the fact that they've recently been shown on TV. Rise Kujikawa was next, a teen idol who actually made a cameo at the very beginning of the game. And, like before, the crew followed her around to check up on her and make sure she didn't get kidnapped.

She did. The heroes thought they had caught the killer, a strange man they found trying to take photos of Rise, but the kidnapping went on. They are now in the Midnight Channel. Specifically, a strip club. Yeah, that's happening.
    This game has been so much fun for the weekend. I have five party members now. Whenever I rescue a party member, they're a few levels above the others, which makes me feel like I'm underleveled. For the record, I'm playing the normal difficulty (3rd out of 5). Doesn't take too long to balance things out, though.

I'm gonna have to cut back during the school week, aren't I?

Creepiest boss, easily.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 5, 20:29 hours - Shadow of doubt
    Spoiler:
    The heroes stormed the stripper joint that is Rise's dungeon, and fought her stripper of a Shadow. She was too tough for them, but Teddie somehow fought her off by blowing himself up. He was okay after. Except Rise's joining-with-her-Shadow speech accidentally sent Teddie in a fit of isolation. And let out his own Shadow.
    So I've been just going through the latest dungeon. Everything was going well, but the boss at the end is super powerful. I don't know what to do.

How many minutes is it now?

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:18 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 6, 23 hours - Anti-Nihil Hand
    Spoiler:
    Our heroes fought Shadow Teddie, allowing them to escape the Midnight Channel with an exhausted Rise. The days went by as she recovered. During this, Pag and Yukiko finally hooked up. At the same time as Rise joined the Investigation Team, Teddie appeared in the real world, having grown a full human adolescent body in his original hollow bear form. He got his own Persona after the battle with his Shadow, so he's a battling member of the team now too.

The police have a suspect for the murders, supposedly a high-schooler. After hearing about their homeroom teacher being dead (thus breaking all the patterns that the killer had followed thus far), Pag and co. saw a teenage boy on the Midnight Channel.
    Boy wrote:Try and catch me.
    They gathered information about the boy (Mitsuo) in order to search for him in the TV World. And they are now in another dungeon.
    The boss I fought today was incredible. Nothing fancy, just straight-up powerful. I really felt a sense of danger, but at the same time could deal reasonable damage to find the boss hopeless. It was a long battle, and I loved every moment.

Last edited by Mogotoo on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Here's another, Golden moment

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 7, 27:06 hours - Your killer's in another castle
    Spoiler:
    Our heroes have been venturing the dungeon of Matsuo the Murderer, who is voiced by - get this - the guy who voices KAMINA. Kind of jarring, really, to see this slumped-statured, bug-eyed high-schooler speak with the same voice as a hot-blooded, muscle bound gang leader. And now they must fight Mitsuo's Shadow.
    And I thought the boss in entry six was hard! This thing I'm against feels impossible. I'm considering shifting my party a bit, try something new.

The dungeon I've been exploring is retro-gaming-themed. The boss even uses a command menu to attack. Wazzupwithat?

But Chie doesn't. Sorry, you gotta go.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:14 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 8, 29:29 hours - I kick ASS!!!
    Spoiler:
    Our brave heroes encountered Shadow Mitsuo, and after a long battle, vanquished it. Mitsuo was taken in by the police, ending the killer's reign of terror.

Not much else happened. Just the crew hanging out during the month of August. The killer's captured. We won.

So why am I still playing the game?
    So for the entirety of the game, I've been using the first four characters I got. I've just never thought of changing them up. However, this boss was giving me the hardest time ever, so I replaced one with my newest character. It helped like none.

Not quite done.

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 9, 37:27 hours - Party over here
    Spoiler:
    The Investigation Team found Naoto, the young Prince Detective who had assisted the police in apprehending Mitsuo, attending their high school as a freshmen. Naoto was previously seen during the Kanji story-arc, but didn't play a huge role in the plot.

Naoto deduced that Pag and co. were solving the case on their own, and while confronting them, they confirmed this. He believed that Mitsuo was responsible for the death of Mr. Morooka, but not any of the other deaths or kidnappings. This explains how that victim failed to fit the pattern. Naoto then set himself up to be kidnapped by appearing on TV and fulfilling the pattern the true killer set for themselves.

Seeing him on the Midnight Channel, our heroes ventured down Naoto's dungeon and fight his Shadow. Turns out that he is a she (Not that surprised. At all. From the moment I heard her, she sounded way too feminine. Spoilers on TVTropes confirmed this beforehand). Naoto disguises herself as a man to seem more credible to the very male-oriented police workforce. After getting her issues sorted out, Naoto joined the Team in their quest to end the true serial killer. Whoever they are.
    I have eight characters now. There's my four main ones, one that can't fight but can pop in for support, two underleveled ones, and the one I just rescued. I have a feeling those two underlevelds are gonna get left behind. I need to focus on building the solid party I already have.

The Persona my main character uses, Lamia, has stopped learning new spells, so I should stop using it. But dungeon crawling has netted me so many Magic-Stat-boosting cards that Lamia has much higher Magic than any Persona I could create at the moment. I don't know what to do.

Why's he so haaaaarrrrd?

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:29 am

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 10, 42:43 hours - You've gotta believe this
    Spoiler:
    At home, Pag received an anonymous note telling him "don't rescue anymore". This worried the Investigation Team. Upon receiving a second note, Ryotaro saw it and began questioning Pag. Not believing Pag's answers, his uncle brought him in to the police department. Leaving Nanako all alone. To be KIDNAPPED.

Yes, Pag's little cousin is now in the Midnight Channel. The rest of the crew met Pag at the department. After some discussion and observation of notes lying around, they deduced that the true killer must be Namatame, the husband of the woman who had the affair with the first murder victim. The Team climbed up Nanako's dungeon and now confront Namatame. He's...not in the best shape, mentally speaking. He's also being possessed by a shitload of Shadows, so yeah.
    I gave up Lamia. My remaining Personas don't have as high Magic, but they'll get better spells.

Abdel said that the person who designed the boss I'm currently fighting must have been high at the time. I can see why he'd think that.

Simply to DYNE for!

Post by Cephalo the Pod on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

Persona 4 Golden: Entry 11, --:-- hours - -------
    Still stuck on last entry's boss. It's real hard, but I'm making progress. Before I'd barely get to 75% of its health, now I'm at 25%. It's making me fight more smart. I like this game.

Current date/time is Thu 17 Aug 2017, 1:50 am