The Sharkasm Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Sharkasm Empire

The Sharkasm Empire is a wonderful community brought to you by the Sharks of Sharkasm

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Food Food Food
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:34 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» "It's the door..... To the light" - The Social Thread v 2.0
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Diary of a Mac Student
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 2:41 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Arcasia: Legend of the Wolfram Emerald
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023, 11:56 am by lil' poopie boy

» Le Cinéma
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023, 11:08 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Ideas
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Apr 2023, 8:49 am by lil' poopie boy

» Musique Lystoux
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023, 8:59 am by TheCryptKeeper

» Through Shady Lanes
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 8:26 pm by lil' poopie boy

» King of All Ratings Thread
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm by TheCryptKeeper

» Where's The Beats!?
Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm by Italyins

+2
Italyins
Cephalo the Pod
6 posters

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party

Vyzor
    Vyzor
    Journeyman From the Far East

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party

Post by Vyzor Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:15 pm

gxiv wrote:or like; what would you rather do: play dota 2, or chase your dreams and become the person you want to be?

Ya know what......FUCK DOTA!!!!!!!!! Trent was right all along Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party

Post by TheCryptKeeper Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

i guess, if your dream is to be great at dota 2, or to be great at games, or to have fun playing games, then you can chase those while playing dota 2.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty SHINOBI!

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:49 pm

From Saturday & Sunday

Entry 015&016: W.A.R.P.'d Point of View
    Saturday was the first WARP meeting! Just a board game day.

I came in late. That's some bizarre habit of mine when it comes to WARP. No matter how early I wake up, how much I prepare to leave in time, I end up dallying and getting there an hour late anyways.

Played a card game called Dungeon Boss. I gotta say, I don't particularly care for 8-bit/16-bit-style nostalgic aesthetic like this. Good thing the actual game was super fun.

Every round, each player plays one card that builds a new room (or improves an old one) in their dungeon. In the centre, hero cards are played and can raid dungeons depending on who has the most of a certain kind of treasure.

This was my first time playing, I had half an inkling on how to play. And wouldn't you know it, I was the lucky son of a bitch who attracted five clerics at once. Somehow, SOMEHOW, my dungeon was powerful enough to kill them all. In one turn, I went from 0 to halfway winning. And, like, I eventually did win, because none of the other players were able to stop me or something, I guess?

After that, I played a bit of the card game Smash Up. Each player picks two themed decks and shuffles them together. It's really eclectic: fairies and ninjas and robots and woodland creatures and CATS. CATS. As I found out, robots and ninjas go pretty well together.

The rest of the weekend was studying.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Sphinx ain't got nothing on Justice the tauros.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:14 pm

From Monday

Entry 017: Trivia Me This
    8:30: Pharmaceuticals. We discussed various additives that go into pharmaceutical products to improve physical properties.

9:30: Go home, Cephalo, you're eat

12:30: Business. We did our first case study: Delisle Industries. That's not the real name; most case studies are about businesses screwing up (because good business is boring), so details are replaced with fiction for the sake of privacy. And dignity.

2:30: That beautiful, disgusting one-hour break is actually a great time to work on that Catalysts assignment that requires a computer.

3:30: Catalysts, steady-state approximation. Nothing new.

5:30: Plant Design, weekly team meeting. Also, the professor was there. Also, we have a fifth member! Also, I guess this is the tutorial? Maybe?

6:30: Went to the coffee brewing and aquaponics introductory meeting. This might be a thing I stick with.

7:00: Trivia club! Mmph, I missed that good old scent of getting the mental shit kicked out of me. This introductory meeting was very much like last year; pub-style trivia, where you group up and answer a long list of trivia questions via a sheet of paper.

There sure are a lot of faces here at trivia. Here's hoping they stick around. Meetings are actually on Monday and Wednesday evenings now, which is great because my Plant Design lecture overlaps completely with the old Thursday meeting time.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty But enough about Tuesday.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Tue 27 Sep 2016, 11:56 pm

Entry 018: Steady, Steady
    9:30: South of the Sahara. First we finished up on physical geography (map quiz next week). Then we moved on to history. Learned about the major kingdoms that spanned the continent over the centuries.

Went grocery shopping. No one decked me today.

4:30: Catalysts tutorial. The assignment due this week has a steady-state approximation question. Aw yeah, gimme that shit.

So I was at the local 7-Eleven today when I overhear a cyclist talking with the cashier. The cyclist was wondering where the bike rack was. Apparently it got stolen. The fucking bike rack, got stolen.

Oh hey, I have a lab-ish thing tomorrow.
    THE LABS NEVER END TYLER.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty I used to be funny.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:48 am

For last Wednesday.

Entry 019: Not Prepared for This
    Had a lab at 9:30am. I just prepared a catalyst for the big Catalyst lab project with my partner. There's ten groups and five different supports for the catalyst, vanadium oxide. My group's support is silica.

So the professor said that this session would take a few hours, and on top of that my partner and I were lagging behind. So imagine our surprise when we finish it within an hour and a half.

Yeah, apparently silica absorbs water really quickly, which makes this catalyst preparation go real fast. The professor also told us that silica is a terrible support, so I guess we have that to look forward to later.

7:00pm: Trivia Club, Quiz Bowl. Each "toss-up" question is a paragraph that starts off with really challenging vocabulary at first and steadily becomes simpler. Whichever team guesses correctly gets three thematically-similar (but not to the toss-up) bonus questions.

The execs have a rule where returning members have to hold off on answering questions to give the new members a chance. Not that I knew anymore than 10% of the answers.

And it's nighttime now. Beddy hi.

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Alternative title for Entry 20: Neat Exchange.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

For last Thursday.

Entry 020: Fair Enough
    1:00: Job Fair!!! Booths! Tooths! Sayers of sooths!!! 'Twas nice to have time for one of these September variants of everyone's favourite winter pasttime. As usual, several of the booths recommended to Engineering students were not looking for Engineers.

2:30: Catalysts, finally moving on to some new shit!! The professor is a total dork, using benches and gifs of comically-lovestruck animé characters to illustrate the effect of catalysts on reactants. Yeah, you fuckin' read that.

Y'know, there's nothing quite like dinner. I mean, what else is like dinner? Lunch? You get the fuck outta here.

7:00: Plant Design, heat exchangers. I never really talked about my Heat Exchange course for third year, did I. Well apparently my class got real lucky when I was first in third year. We had a TA teach the class instead of the usual professor, so less material was covered. Given how difficult that class already was, I don't wanna even think ahout what other classes had to go through.

So anyone kids, moral of the story:

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Strike one! Strike two! Strike three!

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:21 am

For Friday.

Entry 021: Blend In In the Mix Go With the Flow Fuck It
    9:30: Pharmaceuticals, blending equipment. There's plenty of material stuff for the professor to bring in and demonstrate to the class, like this v-cone mixer and all sorts of powders.

11:30: Business, statements of cash flow and projected future statements.

And now that I've figured out when my tutorials are, I will no longer be tricked by the nefarious schedule into jogging to school again at 3:30.

WOO! Long weekend!

Last edited by Cephalo the Pod on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty So wait, why isn't called Introconcon.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:41 am

For Saturday & Sunday.

Entry 021&022: Introduction to the Concept of Convention
    Introcon! This afternoon was more about the actual role-playing of WARP. We all signed up for long-term games, and then we split off to play one-off games.

One game I've heard about for years now but never actually played was Maids. Everyone's always talked about how wacky and funny it was, so I was really interested in playing it today.

And...it was alright. It kinds desolved into a generic role-playing campaign at some point. I mean, sure, the mansion/dungeon we work at has transformed into a giant robot maid, and is fighting Artimaeus Harbinger of the Apocalypse as well as the armies of Heaven, but it just didn't gel with me.

Anyway, Sunday was Sunday.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Cape Verde, Senegal, The Gambia, Mali...

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:55 am

For Monday.

Entry 023: How did it Come to This?
    8:30: Pharmaceuticals, granulation. Man, granules look nasty under a microscope.

12:30: Business Case, Maple Leaf Hardware. So this Case had quite a few par-huh? What's this red powder on my knee? Augh, did someone  stick something to the bottom of this desk? That's just rude-no, wait, I have a cut on my knee. What the hell. When did that happen? When did that happen?

3:30: Catalysts, adsorption. The professor had another mini-panic attack when we expressed some confusion over a Mass Transfer equation. He's really hoping we remember our stuff.

No Trivia Club, I have an African Map Test tommorow! I mean, the meeting still ran. They didn't shut down the whole operation due to my sole absence. I'm not their god. I never asked for this.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty This always happens. I mean, no.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:02 am

For Tuesday.

Entry 024: Confound it All
    9:30: Africa, South of the Sahara, MAP QUIZ! It went pretty great. Afterwards a guest speaker came in to talk about Gender and Development in Africa.

1:30: Grocery shopping. Don't forget the deodorant.
    3:00: More grocery shopping. You got the deodorant, right?

No Catalysts tutorial this week. Just me and my finishing up my portion of my group's Plant Design Project Scope assignment.

Aww fuck I forgot the deodorant.
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Please?

Post by Cephalo the Pod Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:06 am

Entry 025: Can I Have Two Bowls?
    Got that deodorant. Other than that, not much to talk about. There was Trivia Club tonight. Way more people than usual. It's pretty cool. We had enough people to run two Quiz Bowls simultaneously.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:41 am

Cephalo the Pod wrote:Plant Design Project Scope assignment.
    Is this the design of a plant or the design of a project scope??

cuz if it's the design of a plant i'd love to follow that progress, sounds awesome. 

also the deodorant hahahahah
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Wed 16 Nov 2016, 6:19 pm

I feel like it's referring to a plant as in, a factory environment. I'm probably wrong though Suspect
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Thu 17 Nov 2016, 11:41 am

yeah that's what i was thinkin

unless ty was taking a class in how to be the next G.O.D yoyo represent!
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Fri 18 Nov 2016, 9:38 pm

loverrboi_626 wrote:yeah that's what i was thinkin

unless ty was taking a class in how to be the next G.O.D yoyo represent!

Horrrryyyy shitto!!!!

Wait.....what is dog spelled backwards..........GOD!!!
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Sat 19 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm

man that was a great show we created im glad it manifested itself as rick and morty/adventure time/the regular show/all the other current popular cartoons cuz somehow we predicted the artistic and comedic stylings of an entire generation of animation.
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Tue 22 Nov 2016, 1:13 am

Man, not to toot our own dinks, but we're kind of creative geniuses. JUST SAYIN'.
    lil' poopie boy
    lil' poopie boy
    High Maester of Verra

Post by lil' poopie boy Wed 14 Dec 2016, 12:02 pm

yo ty i think admin moved memoirs of a mustang into its own subforum
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:46 am

That CRAZY admin guy. He also makes some wacky ranks
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty Oh hey.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Sun 26 Mar 2017, 12:23 am

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Image10

Lookie what I got. That's an Iron Ring, the symbol of graduaion for all Canadian Engineering students.
    Alpha Delfa
    Alpha Delfa
    Small Time Market Theif

Post by Alpha Delfa Sun 26 Mar 2017, 2:08 am

Cephalo the Pod wrote:Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Image10

Lookie what I got. That's an Iron Ring, the symbol of graduaion for all Canadian Engineering students.

That's good shit Ty! Congrats on your obligation, who presented you with your ring?
    Cephalo the Pod
    Cephalo the Pod
    Charles Babbage

Memoirs of a Mustang: Bachelor Party - Page 2 Empty The other one tells only lies.

Post by Cephalo the Pod Mon 27 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Alpha Delfa wrote:That's good shit Ty! Congrats on your obligation, who presented you with your ring?
    My uncle. I've got two Engineer uncles, so I went with the one that's in Chemical.
    TheCryptKeeper
    TheCryptKeeper
    Wolfram Knight

Post by TheCryptKeeper Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

looks like some next batman swag

good shit ty. soak this moment in. these victories are what make the grind worth grinding
    Vyzor
    Vyzor

Post by Vyzor Thu 06 Apr 2017, 9:57 pm

That's pretty sick. Do you plan on wearing it all the time now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:35 am